Worthwhile upgrade...?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

outlash

also available in orange
FWIW, we had a guy come out on his first club run with us a few weeks back. As it happens he was riding a Bianchi and after 30 miles or so, he starts to flag and comes out with 'yeah, this is only a basic bike. I'll be stronger when I get my new one (then starts to go on about how many thousands he's going to throw about)'. Meanwhile, there's a mate of mine in the group who's probably the strongest rider there riding on a battered old Cannondale R500 he bought for £75, weighs a ton and recently upgraded his wheels to Fulcrum 7's. He wins his fair share of sign sprints and gets up hills without any real problems.

My point is if you want to go faster, get better on the bike. Your Bianchi is a perfectly good bike, perhaps with some choice upgrades (wheels maybe) it'll make it even better. I'm not saying the cube isn't a better than your current one, but the most important component in the setup is you.

Tony.

OP
OP
Liam 68

Liam 68

Regular
I take your point Tony & a friend/colleague told me a similar story only yesterday & I think my response to that was imagine how faster he would be on a 'better' bike...

I guess I am just enjoying my rides & wondering what a better spec bike would be like & perhaps take advantage of the C2W whilst it's running at work (it doesn't run all the time). In the meantime I'll try to get better...

Thanks for the thread Vickster I'll take a look.

Ste pt1 - I am not sure if some of those bikes are that big an improvement on my Bianchi...?

Top Bottom