Would any cycle helmet have helped here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
if you didn't think it was me, why ask me to provide you with evidence about it?

I didn't!

How many would you like?

Or we could go for sharing?

One piece of evidence that professional use is used to justify helmet use for normal cyclists, and in turn gain a single piece of evidence that helmets prevent facial injury

Then we can take turns...

... 'We" is a wider ranging use referring to the forum as in and "in turn gain a single piece of evidence that helmets prevent facial injury" in plain terms we (as a forum) could gain

Had I meant you I would have stated so, as in "and in turn gain YOU COULD PROVIDE a single piece of evidence that helmets prevent facial injury

Simples.....

Lemond

I didn't!

... 'We" is a wider ranging use referring to the forum as in and "in turn gain a single piece of evidence that helmets prevent facial injury" in plain terms we (as a forum) could gain

Had I meant you I would have stated so, as in "and in turn gain YOU COULD PROVIDE a single piece of evidence that helmets prevent facial injury

Simples.....

When you reply / quote another poster, it kinda implies you're talking to them specifically.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
When you reply / quote another poster, it kinda implies you're talking to them specifically.
Am I illustrating that's incorrect or butting into a private conversation which had inadvisedly been posted on a discussion board? :laugh:

I fear this topic is another degenerate hurtling towards the lock :sad:

classic33

Leg End Member
I don't think that comparison with F1 really works. Cycling fans wearing the kit of their sporting heroes really isn't that unusual. Football fans do it, rugby fans do it, basketball fans do it and so on. Even then cycling is pretty unique. A football fan can't just rock up at Wembley for a kick about, but a cycling fan could easily ride up Alpe d'Huez (OK, maybe not easily, but you get the idea). Besides, even the most ardent F1 fan might struggle to find a set of Lewis Hamilton racing overalls, helmet and gloves. And then there's the car.
Can get his current team mates, rosberg, overalls helmet and gloves. Not cheap though.
Complete Bruno Senna set here http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lot-801-7...-BRUNO-SENNA-WILLIAMS-F1-F1-247-/181385614361

Reactions: mjr

Lemond

Am I illustrating that's incorrect or butting into a private conversation which had inadvisedly been posted on a discussion board? :laugh:

I fear this topic is another degenerate hurtling towards the lock :sad:

If I reply by quoting your last post, would you say we are now in a dialogue? if I then said we can now take turns posting, would you think that by saying "we" I mean you (mjray) and me (lemond)? Or would you assume that "we" means the entire forum? Be honest now.

classic33

Leg End Member
Like I said this thread is muddled,
what I actually said was - I was surprised that the amount of non wearers out weighs the wearers given we have all the pro racers on TV and in the media wearing helmets blah blah blah, and people are often like sheep - following one another. I certainly did not say "we should all wear a helmet because Froome does", try reading the threads.

I don't believe the vast majority of people are making an informed choice to not wear a helmet based on evidence for or against. I just think they can't be arsed (obviously some don't wear one because they don't think it will help them in an accident such as all the "antis" on here.
I was wearing a full face helmet when t-boned by a car, whose driver thought I was a bus (so it was safe). Left leg took the worst of the impact, followed by the left side. I ended up on the bonnet, leaving a bit of a dent, and the helmet actually increased the injury. Not my view/opinion, but that of the doctor at the local A&E who treated me.
Replaced with another of the same make, when I was able to find one.

classic33

Leg End Member

classic33

Leg End Member
Bit pricey don't you think? I wonder what the N+1 costs.
Both searches done in seconds though. We'd a shop in town where you could buy the racing suits from, so I'd an idea on where to look for the car. Suits are easy find. Not cheap though.
If you're willing to do without the originals the price drops on replicas.

Last edited:

classic33

Leg End Member
If I reply by quoting your last post, would you say we are now in a dialogue? if I then said we can now take turns posting, would you think that by saying "we" I mean you (mjray) and me (lemond)? Or would you assume that "we" means the entire forum? Be honest now.
Entire forum. Your post is public.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom