Would I be mad............

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alex72

to attempt the Wessex one hundred with only 6 weeks training, bearing in mind i have basically not touched a bike since October 2008, after a very disheartening Polaris in the lake district.

i was hoping some of you guys would like to impart some words of wisdom and encouragement and hopefully a few training tips. i do a physicalish job so not completely out of shape.

i have done the 50 a few times and the 100 once before and this year they have changed the route so it ends on Brassknocker hill and that is the thing thats really makes me want to do it, cycling 100 miles to finish on the that hill.

so what do you reckon?

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
Go for it. Do you commute to work by bike? If so i'd bury myself (where safe to do so :laugh:) two or three times a week and then go and do 3-5 hours on a sunday- you'd be up to it in no time. Enthusiasm is the key.

lukesdad

Ifyour starting from a reasonably fit condition I d say six weeks is the ideal time to get your self upto fitness for this. dan bo is about right but id add in 2 gentle rides of about 30-40 mins each that gives you 2 rest days if you can fit it all in.

02GF74

Über Member
the worst thing that could happen is you don't finish ... so what? you will never know if you can do it unless you attempt it. if you have mates to go with, they will pull yuou through - also since youwill be doing it as part of organised ride, there will be other cyclists whcih will lift you unless you happen to be at the very end.

Top Bottom