Would this be a good commuting bike?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Plax said:
Thankfully I'm not old enough to have a 26 year old daughter - It's my little sister, taken in the late 1980s I think. Yes, she is holding up two fingers. I was finding really embarrassing photos to put up of her (yes, I am a mean older sister, but she was asking for it!:biggrin:) and thought this was really funny. Then Bonj made a pop at my avatar and thought I'd put this up just for him:tongue:

A ha! And so the previous one was too. Though she's obviously not 26 in the avatar :sad:

Cruel but fair :tongue:

OP
OP
Plax

Plax

Guru
Just so I don't start yet another thread.
I've checked with the seller and apparently the bike frame size is from centre of bottom bracket to top seat tube 21.5 inches(54cm approx). Which I believe is suitable for 30-35 inch leg (I'm a 32) so would be a suitable size for me.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....m=150228796335&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=005

Any good, If say I tried to get it for £15-£20 and no more? It's just down the road so not too far to collect in person.

Thought it would be a good intro into the "racing" bike / drop handle bars forum.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Plax, for £ 20 or £ 35 it would be a good buy. Probably a 1980's bike given that it has Weinman brakes but the only thing I would add is that if you intend to ride it up those Welsh mountains then I doubt 10 gears are going to be enough unless you have the thighs of Lance Armstrong.

OP
OP
Plax

Plax

Guru
FatFellaFromFelixstowe said:
Plax, for £ 20 or £ 35 it would be a good buy. Probably a 1980's bike given that it has Weinman brakes but the only thing I would add is that if you intend to ride it up those Welsh mountains then I doubt 10 gears are going to be enough unless you have the thighs of Lance Armstrong.

Yeah, I had thought of the hills and the 10 gears. I'll have to be very selective with my choice of route :thumbsup:. I've put an auction snipe on it for £20, so we shall see how it goes. It'll do for a handy leisure/spare bike rather than my main commuter. Then if I like the drop handle bars etc when I decide to get a new bike I can get something higher spec. Isn't it awful - once I'd upgrade my car every couple of years, and now it is the bike ;).

Top Bottom