Would you ever go out with a football shirt on ?

Would you ever go out (in public) with a football shirt on ?

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mondobongo

Über Member
Oh well excommunication here I come.

I have a retro Liverpool shirt which is a replica of a 70's kit yes its red but not covered in logos like modern kit and just has a simple liver bird embroidered on the chest very subtle and have worn it down the pub and in the bar of the Sheraton Kampala Hotel.

Bye then.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
mondobongo said:
Oh well excommunication here I come.

I have a retro Liverpool shirt which is a replica of a 70's kit yes its red but not covered in logos like modern kit and just has a simple liver bird embroidered on the chest very subtle and have worn it down the pub and in the bar of the Sheraton Kampala Hotel.

Bye then.

Are you fat, covered in tattoos and take the shirt off when it gets really cold?:evil:

rich p

ridiculous old lush
mondobongo said:

I guessed that really:biggrin:

My Brazilian is promising to send me a Fluminense shirt when she goes home so I may be the proud owner of a team kit soon too. It's a red,green and white striped affair.

walker

I only bought an England Shirt to go to Wembley to watch England (1996 England vs Germany, the game we lost in the Euro's) other than that I've never worn one, I think I've actually worn my Nigeria 1994 Jersey more.

yello

Darn, I voted before I saw it said "England shirt"... can I take my vote back please?

In the 80s I quite often used to wear a French rugby shirt. Mainly because I liked the way the French could play rugby on the odd occassion.... and I liked the simplicity of the shirt... it was blue.

ChrisKH

Guru
Usually I wouldn't. However I would wear a Charlton Athletic shirt in honour of my Dad if I had one. I also saw in an Adidas outlet in Florida recently an LA Galaxy shirt in white with Beckham on the back which had a certain "it's so bad it's actually quite good" attraction to it.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I have an Ireland shirt from about 10yrs ago and an Everton 3rd team kit (orange) from the mid 90s. I rarely wear them, but occasionally go running in one or the other. I also have an Ireland rugby shirt which occasionally also goes running in the winter. The oikishness associated with footy kits appeared early 90s, but could disappear as soon as yer middle classes decide to adopt them again (ie if england ever win owt or look like doing so). It isn't footy shirts per se (as Abitrary pointed out, Brazilian ones (no, not that ;)) look kind of cool, Irish ones are ok if you have a hereditary link, Italian ones were ok till primark started selling t-shirts with italian footy logos on them... as ever, it's a fine balance between looking cool and trying not to llok like an arse, yet trying to look as though you might actually be hard, but never looking quite so hard that you attract violence. Rise above it my friends... wear everton 3rd kit from the 90s, and cut-off jeans, with a knotted hanky on your head. :biggrin:

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
Fnaar said:
I have an Ireland shirt from about 10yrs ago and an Everton 3rd team kit (orange) from the mid 90s. I rarely wear them, but occasionally go running in one or the other. I also have an Ireland rugby shirt which occasionally also goes running in the winter. The oikishness associated with footy kits appeared early 90s, but could disappear as soon as yer middle classes decide to adopt them again (ie if england ever win owt or look like doing so). It isn't footy shirts per se (as Abitrary pointed out, Brazilian ones (no, not that :biggrin:) look kind of cool, Irish ones are ok if you have a hereditary link, Italian ones were ok till primark started selling t-shirts with italian footy logos on them... as ever, it's a fine balance between looking cool and trying not to llok like an arse, yet trying to look as though you might actually be hard, but never looking quite so hard that you attract violence. Rise above it my friends... wear everton 3rd kit from the 90s, and cut-off jeans, with a knotted hanky on your head. :biggrin:
you should wash it more often, and not leave it so far from the washing basket ;)

domtyler

Über Member
I (and my wife) was an Arsenal season ticket holder for the last four years at Highbury and the first year at Emirates, still got them in our names but a mate has bought them off us, so used to go out in a football top twice a week then. Haven't done since my daughter was born though and now seem to have lost a lot of interest in the game. More into playing with toy ponies now! ;):girl::biggrin::girl:

Tetedelacourse

Like Dom, I favour my Disney Princess shirt over my numerous hoops shirts these days. I only ever wore them to games or to play 5s in though. Although I did attend a disco in 1st year of uni in a Scotland Rugby shellsuit. It was a lonely time.

domtyler said:
I (and my wife) was an Arsenal season ticket holder for the last four years at Highbury and the first year at Emirates, still got them in our names but a mate has bought them off us, so used to go out in a football top twice a week then. Haven't done since my daughter was born though and now seem to have lost a lot of interest in the game. More into playing with toy ponies now! :biggrin::girl::angry::girl:

well, toy ponies are much more interesting!!!!!!!- but i still prefer thomas the tank engine stuff..

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
I wear my replica 1980's Barnet shirt when I go to the games, but otherwise noooo. One thing that really gets me going is the amount of people who wear them on holiday abroad. Maybe I just go to the wrong places.

Top Bottom