Would you go clipless?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
I think the spd stuff is generally cheaper and the shoes with cleats are better for walking in - I stand to be corrected, not for the first time today!!!

These are good and a good price - http://www.sjscycles.co.uk/product-Shimano-Shimano-PD-M520-SPD-Pedals--Silver-10226.htm

aJohnson

colinr

DHB M1s are cheap shoes (and good according to reviews). They're pretty awkward to walk in though.

My initial impression of going clipless is positive. I was pretty happy with clips+straps though, so it's whether you feel like spending £70+ really.

Adrian_K

Über Member
threebikesmcginty said:
Remember, whatever normal shoe size you are, you'll want at least a size larger in cycling shoes.

care to expand? I don't see the logic.

Although, I'd say, unless you're replacing like for like, always try on first.

OP: I'd say, if you're happy with clips stick with them maybe buy some stiff soled shoes. If your route to work is stop/start unclipping & clipping could become a pain.

ohsoslow

I recently made the transition from toe clips to clipless pedals , as others have said there is a difference but it's marginal .

Stop start commutes are a pain clipping in .... 'n ..... out ........shaking it all about , but I've been told it gets easier with ( more ) practise .

I did find that straps would rub and eventually make holes in my trainers , but if wanted to pop into Tescos and pick up a pint of milk I didn't look like a reject from dancing on ice .

There's pro's and con's to each of them .

Top Bottom