Would you lend a bike ?

Would lend your bike to someone?

• Yes as long as a deposit was left in case of damage or non return.

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • yes if i knew and trusted them

Votes: 74 67.3%
  • No

Votes: 35 31.8%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mrs M

Guru
No
Have lent before and bike was damaged (by Mr M) :stop:

Thorn Sherpa

Über Member
Cracking video that talk about skills :notworthy: I'd like to think of my Sherpa as a durable bike but would I lend it to any of these guys doing that!!! I think I'll pass!

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
Don't know if any one has seen this video clip but great cyclist but not one i would lend a road bike to?
http://digg.com/video/this-is-the-greatest-cycling-video-of-all-time

The guy shown first and last, Martyn Ashton, is in a wheelchair now, paralysed from T10 (?) vertebra down due to an accident he had during the making of that video. He’s a presenter on GMBN on YouTube. He still rides. There’s a great video of him at Whistler, Canada participating in the downhill race.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Depends on the rider; I lent my Roubaix to an inexperienced rider and on a downhill he almost ran into the back of me, crashed and damaged the saddle. Could have been worse I guess.

Proto

Legendary Member
Yep, lent a fellow club member a bike over two weeks ago and she won the Central CX League Race at MK Bowl on it that weekend. Someone else is using it tomorrow at Hillingdon, again Central CX League, and again Novice Women race.

I’ll get it back at Christmas. Possibly.

Last edited:

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Yep, lent it a fellow club member a bike over two weeks ago and she won the Central CX League Race at MK Bowl on it that weekend. Someone else is using it tomorrow at Hillingdon, again Central CX League, and again Novice Women race.

I’ll get it back at Christmas. Possibly.
Women are much more careful.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
No.

Years ago a friend wanted to borrow my bike to pop to the shop. I gave him my keys and told him which one was for the lock. He said he wouldn't need them since he'd only be popping in. I told him that if he's going to borrow my bike, he's not going to leave it unlocked outside a shop, and insisted he took the keys. He grumbled and moaned and took the bike, and i reckon he didn't bother locking it up. He did come back ten minutes later with my bike.

Also years ago, another friend asked if he could borrow my Roland-SH101 bass synth for a band practise. I lent him it in working order and got it back about 6 years later completely knackered. I can't afford to replace it or get it fixed and I'm still annoyed all these years later.

I can't trust anyone to take as much care over my stuff as i do.... so my general rule of thumb is; only lend stuff that I'm willing to lose.

Top Bottom