Would you put a brand new bike on a Turbo Trainer?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

YahudaMoon

Über Member
Lol what this all about. Wont put a new bike on a turbo. Won't take the bike out till April incase it gets wet or dirty. Its the rainy season in April and it pisses down more in the summer than it does in the winter. Best sell the bike and get a beat up 1980's Raleigh lol

Nice ornament for the garage. What is it ?

OP
OP
bennydorano

bennydorano

Veteran
All those people with 'winter' bikes must be idiots alrite. I was out on my other bike today, it's a fine bike in it's own right - going out on the new bike with the other available seems stupid to me tbh. My new bike is in my avatar.

YahudaMoon

Über Member
Yep. Happens all the time on club runs doing 200km in the pissing rain mid summer and freezing cold in the middle of no where on some moors somewhere. Most with no mudgaurds and commenting on my mudaurds saying. 'Nice gaurds mate. Where you get them from ? I'll have to get some of them for my winter bike'

??????? forecast was rain lol

172traindriver

Legendary Member
Got one of my good summer bikes on the turbo right now, and no worries about it. As was mentioned previously not a good idea to get out of the saddle and put massive sprint efforts in, you would end up putting massive loads on the stays etc.
When I bought one of my good bikes I had the professional fitting thing, and all of that was done on a turbo. The bike shop obviously doesn't have a problem of setting up a bike on a turbo.

YahudaMoon

Über Member
I have what you would call a delicate track bike, Probably 20 + year old. Anyway a few year back I had most my bikes nicked and was left with just the track bike for everything

This included pulling two crates of vinyl about in a trailer (Thats about 200 pieces of 12"), Three crates of vegetables for the charity I work for around Manchester twice a week and pulling a 5 year old and a 7 year old about. Yes thats two children at the same time (Including luggage) Twice a week for over a year till I got some bikes back.

Damage to the bike was zero. I you put a bike on a turbo and it breaks then the bike is flawed or at the end of its life

Edit. Trailer is fixed to the axle / chainstay

Top Bottom