Would you queue for McDonalds?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JPBoothy

Veteran
I don't think its petty prejudice. I'm trying to understand why people would wait that long for 'fast' food when they could have saved time, eaten a better quality burger, and had more free time to do other stuff. Plus, they're reducing the air quality for people in the street if they are idling.

I once came out of a night cinema screening with a former friend who, lets say, is large enough to have his own gravity well:whistle:. He wanted a big mac. The car park at 11.30 had about five cars in it. I offered to go and buy the burgers if he parked his car. He refused and insisted on driving through...so we got stuck in a small jam and waited longer than it would have taken me to go in by foot:blush:.

Plus, the thing that was in a bun with bit of floppy green stuff (I assume was lettuce) was my first and only experience of a 'big mac'. Certainly not impressed....
Probably for the same reason that people (me included) will queue in a busy bar or at Costa/Starbucks for a drink they could get cheaper from a supermarket and drink at home. It gets them out of the house for a change of scene.

Chromatic

Legendary Member
Worse yet there are people who will eat an elephant leg aka doner kebab that’s been festering for hours if not days xx(
Sometimes even when they’re sober :ph34r:
I must confess whilst I'm terribly snobbish about McD's and would never eat there, I do like a kebab after an evening's refreshment, or after the day's meetings in London there's a great kebab round the corner from Paddington, which just sets me up for the train home to Bristol
Must confess, if do I do fast food, you can't beat a kebab. It takes skill to eat without spilling the contents everywhere, very filling although could do without those occasional grisly bits (and the paint-stripping flatulence the next day:blush:) Sir, where exactly where is this palace near Paddington?:okay:.

I used to work with a bloke who, when he was at university, worked in a place that made those lumps of 'meat' for kebab shops. When I asked him if he ever eats kebabs his reply was a fairly emphatic no.

MarkF

Guru
I used to work with a bloke who, when he was at university, worked in a place that made those lumps of 'meat' for kebab shops. When I asked him if he ever eats kebabs his reply was a fairly emphatic no.

I work in fast food heaven, I know what they pay for a pattie, it's 4 or 5 pennies, so wtf are you shoveling down your gob in your £1.99 "burger"? That's why I stopped eating "meat"......and that was 35 years ago.

Profpointy

Legendary Member

I was put off when I took a bite of a left over one the next morning, and it was a good while until I bought another !

I got over it and I do enjoy them occasionally nowdays. They're full of healthy goodness like salad and pickled chilli and stuff !

Top Bottom