Would you queue for McDonalds?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
For really dire food anyone else remember 'Wimpy' burgers, I think they came in a tin*. xx(

* not when you're served one, I mean they arrived at the shop in tins and were then 'heated'
Wimpy Big 7 burgers were definitely frozen (as I suspect were all the others), there was a factory in NE London from memory....

annedonnelly

Girl from the North Country
You can still get burgers in tins. https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/268221800
Probably the same aisle as the Fray Bentos pies :smile:

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Wimpy Big 7 burgers were definitely frozen (as I suspect were all the others), there was a factory in NE London from memory....

I remember going into the Wimpy bar in the centre of Bristol as a kid - and expecting to be wowed by all this amazing 'whopper' burger stuff - or whatever it was marketed as ..

And being thoroughly underwhelmed.

My only previous experience of eating out at a 'burger joint' had been at a genuinely brilliant home-made American burger place in the 'burbs' of same city, which was truly awesome / yummy / enormous / home cooked with all the great sides - and family run too.

But still even today - when we're supposedly far more 'sophisticated' consumers it would seem that marketing wins out, over substance again , and again and again..

At least we can go in for a 'Maccy wee' now though :okay:
Nope, only drive through open so far.

carlosfandangus

Über Member
Just been past, they have used the cycle lane as a queue, no right turn into the site, cones everywhere and McDonalds staff walking the queue wearing masks and hi viz, £25 spend limit, I wonder how long it will take to run out of supplies?

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Just been past, they have used the cycle lane as a queue, no right turn into the site, cones everywhere and McDonalds staff walking the queue wearing masks and hi viz, £25 spend limit, I wonder how long it will take to run out of supplies?

There must be the human equivalent of catnip in their food.

A 'Happy Meal' does actually contain MDMA then?? :okay:

Top Bottom