Would you take this plane?

Would you spend that time in a plane?

• No problem.

Votes: 23 57.5%
  • Only in a coffin after my death.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • With a copious supply of recreational drugs, possibly.

Votes: 12 30.0%
  • No, I'm not completely mad.

Votes: 6 15.0%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
All things considered, it wouldn't bother me.

There's just one thing preventing me from flying though.

Brandane

Legendary Member
No standard economy seats according to the OP's link, so I might consider it. Assuming of course that I need to travel between New York and Singapore.

New Airbus A350-900ULR (ultra long range) aircraft will be used for the flights lasting up to 18 hours and 45 minutes. They will be configured with 94 premium economy seats and 67 business class seats.

ETA... How can the total number of votes add up to 125% as it currently does? 5 votes with a 2:2:1:0 spread. When I was at school that would be a percentage of 40:40:20:0, not 50:50:25:0!

Last edited:

Brandane

Legendary Member
I think you’ll find that’s not saying there are no standard economy seats. An A350-900 has around 300 seats. What the article is saying is c. 50% won’t be cattle class.
Well I think you'll find you're wrong (again)..... The business class and premium economy seats take up more room, unsurprisingly, so you can't fit as many in.
If you don't believe me HERE is the link. Just scroll down to the specifications for the ULR version - 161 seats.

greenmark

Guru
I've done something very similar to it before - Hong Kong to Chicago and then transfer to Hartford Connecticut. Had a two-day meeting and then flew right back. 16 hours each way on the long section, 19 hours total time. And that was on United cattle class - I would have gladly traded 3 hours more on the flight to use Singapore Airlines.

There were two things you need to made it bearable:
- the realisation that no matter how bad it is, it is still better than sitting at your desk
- copious sleeping pills that magically made 14 of those 16 hours disappear.

Last edited:

classic33

Leg End Member
I'm just heading out to Heathrow for my first nonstop flight from London to Perth, travelling economy. That's scheduled for 17 hours although they have been arriving early most days. I am reasonably cool about the length of the flight but may feel different by the time I emerge at the other end. Will hopefully report back tomorrow!
QF10?

Do they have the "special lockers" on that.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
I wouldn't mind. It may be very unhealthy but when I was travelling a lot I didn't used to drink alcohol or go to the toilet, so it was just a case of eating, sleeping and watching films.

Top Bottom