Would you tell someone...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
...if their fly was undone or they had food in their teeth?

Personally I have no qualms about pointing this out to culprits and the response is usually one more of gratitude than embarrassment.

Reason being, I have just been walking around for 15 mins or so with my fly zip undone and no-one let me know I was on display. :tongue: Now, either they were admiring the view (unlikely) or they were too embarrased to tell me. OK, they may not have noticed but that's irrelevant for this query!

So, would you tell them or keep quiet?

Maz

Guru
I would tell them, for sure. I would extend that to telling them they had a bogey stuck on their nose.

I have yet to see the secretary walk in with her skirt tucked into her knickers, though.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Sure would - I did this with a colleague yesterday. To my shame, I didn't tell someone on a beach that they'd suffered a swimsuit malfunction and their top had come undone. In my defense, she was magnificent IIRC and I was 12.
First pair I'd seen...

OP
OP
T

trustysteed

TheDoctor said:
Sure would - I did this with a colleague yesterday. To my shame, I didn't tell someone on a beach that they'd suffered a swimsuit malfunction and their top had come undone. In my defense, she was magnificent IIRC and I was 12.
First pair I'd seen...

well, you have to be selective about it, of course! :tongue:

Pete

TheDoctor said:
First pair I'd seen...
LIAR!! Bet you weren't even 12 cm! ;)

I'd tell them, but quietly

Gerry Attrick

Lincolnshire Mountain Rescue Consultant
Maz said:
I would tell them, for sure. I would extend that to telling them they had a bogey stuck on their nose.

I have yet to see the secretary walk in with her skirt tucked into her knickers, though.
I felt it necessary to tell the security guy where I visit exactly that last week, because he did have a huge one dangling. Mind you, he is a pompous prat.

Globalti

Legendary Member
When I walked back into my office with a long piece of bog paper hanging out of the back of my trousers, the whole office was good enough to let me know.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I've had to do worse - tell a bloke that he smelt of BO.. as a line manger - HR and all the others chickened out.....

Handled it OK, he was OK about it..but the bastards...bloody text book problem, new'ish in a job as well..... he didn't know - apparently couldn't smell - nice fella..... !

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
One of my Linguistics lecturers at Uni blew a big bogey onto his jersey whilst demonstrating a nasal fricative during a Phonetics tutorial. He was such a nice old gent, and we just couldn't tell him for fear of making the poor soul all embarrassed.

I'm sure Ethel in the office would have sorted it out for him afterwards when she noticed...

Top Bottom