Would you wear...?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Grow a beard.(the scarf you can't lose) :becool:

Turbo Rider

Just can't reMember
I'll say no, but only for the sweat factor. I wear a lycra headband over my forehead and cover my ears with it and then have a neck warmer which rolls up high, so I bring that up over my nose, covering my ears. Allows a bit more air filtering and I can also pull the neck warmer down if I need to, without worrying about stretching. If someone gave me a balaclava and I didn't have what I have though, then yes, I would. Got to stay warm maaaaan.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
I've seen a few cyclists wearing a balaclava.
I prefer a buff, sometimes two, around the neck, a hat on top, as I don't like my peripheral vision impaired.

Moodyman

Legendary Member
I wear a balaclava when it's 0c or below.

Warms the incoming cold air - quite important for asthmatics.

I've worn mine in shops when I'm making a quick single item purchase. get the odd glance but most people link the balaclava to the rest of the cycle clothing and realise there's no danger

I would not leave the house without one in the winter. Although I preffer the name "Ninja mask" to Balaclava.

Katherine

Guru
I bought an Aldi balaclava, I've worn it a couple of times when the wind has been really bitter, but like another poster I had to pull it away from my mouth, down to my chin, to stop my glasses steaming up.

Roadrider48

Voice of the people
A Balaclava?

The cold seems to have eased off but the wind near as makes any difference took my face off this morning, and it looks like its going to get worse over the coming days. Thing is, I'm slightly worried I might be put under citizens arrest for looking a bit, well, mug-y. I managed to get one of the Aldi cycling balaclavas for a pittance but I'm terrified to use it!

Never seen a cyclist wearing one before, a case of manning up?
Every time it's really cold my balaclava is on my head whilst biking around. Perfect for the job mate.

Scotchlovingcylist

Formerly known as Speedfreak
I bought a buff last winter but have found I hate it around my mouth and beard, after 15 minutes in usually warm enough anyway. I often wear a hat

J.Primus

Buff and hood up under the helmet when it's cold. Nice and toasty!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 24

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
I wear one when it is frosty. EDZ is the make, I think.

It's warmer than a buff and thus only comes out when it is frosty.

Top Bottom