Wow! I am seriously out of shape!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
I do Clapham Junction to St Pauls & Back as daily commutes (11 miles in total).

Sunday rides are quite new to me and I have been using the Google map "Get Directions" feature to plan out the rides of a suitable length before I go out. Started with 8.5 then 11.5 then 14.5 and 17.5 Today is my furthest so far. Should be able to goto 20 milers in the next couple of weeks. Today's route was CJ>Earlsfield>Wimbledon>Putney Heath>Roehampton>Putney>Kings Road>Sloane Square>Battersea Park>CJ. It was quite nice and not too busy because I leave early (8am). Although I do confess to having to get off and push for 200 yards trying to get up the hill to Wimbledon Village from Winbledon Town ;)

I'll keep on trying though and have noticed my PB's are being broken pretty regularly now :ohmy:

Keep up the good work Oddjob!

OP
OP
O

Oddjob62

Sittingduck said:
Although I do confess to having to get off and push for 200 yards trying to get up the hill to Wimbledon Village from Winbledon Town ;)

I'll keep on trying though and have noticed my PB's are being broken pretty regularly now :ohmy:

Keep up the good work Oddjob!

Hehe... well i have the advantage (if you can call it that) of having to ride up Hampstead Hill every evening to get home, so that's probably been a big help in getting me into shape or at least used to nasty hills.

Good to hear your training is going well, always feels good to break PBs

MattB

What a great read this thread is, makes me very excited about getting my bike put together :laugh:

Ive been playing with some route planning, my work commute is probably 6 miles round trip at best, but ive some great rural roads around me, ive figured 2 routes, both around 15 miles each and they are great roads, lots of ups and downs :biggrin:

Im not too concerned with weight, im coming upto 14stones now, about 6ft high. Im starting to get a bit of gut, which is scaring me, and I want to get my legs more toned too. The thing is that working like this builds muscle, which weighs more than fat :becool:

stevevw

Guru
This thread has been a big help to me. I too are over weight but over 50 and have high blood pressure. I have been trying to do 100 miles a week for the last month the weight has gone up a couple of pound and the waist has gone down a bit but best of all the blood pressure has come down. :angry: Oh and I gave the wife a good laugh at the weekend when my new lycra shorts droped through the door.

OP
OP
O

Oddjob62

stevevw said:
This thread has been a big help to me. I too are over weight but over 50 and have high blood pressure. I have been trying to do 100 miles a week for the last month the weight has gone up a couple of pound and the waist has gone down a bit but best of all the blood pressure has come down. :evil: Oh and I gave the wife a good laugh at the weekend when my new lycra shorts droped through the door.
Great work stevevw, don't worry about the weight, just keep dropping that waist size and BP. Looks like you've already on the right track.

Oh and you'd have to shoot me before you could get me into lycra :smile:

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Oddjob62 said:
Oh and you'd have to shoot me before you could get me into lycra :laugh:
Can we bookmark this comment and draw it to your attention in, say, 6 months' time (when Lidl/Aldi are doing their summer cycling gear) ? :smile::biggrin:

Top Bottom