Wrigley Velo CC go racing (CX)

Discussion in 'Cyclocross (CX), Duathlon and Triathlon' started by Wrigley Velo, 20 Jan 2018.

Tags:
  1. Wrigley Velo

Wrigley Velo Regular

Tomorrows the day, @dan_bo and @I like Skol are going to the races - www.britishcycling.org.uk/events/details/167789/Harry-Middleton-CC-CX---North-West-Cyclo-Cross-League

Photographs might be a bit of a problem as we are a bit short on groupies to catch any fast action shots,
    but there will be a post-race debrief once the mud, sweat & tears have been washed off :cheers:
    Just in case anyone might be there to see us, we will be in the Vet Men's race at 13.30hrs (I know, neither of us looks a day over 35, but there you go!) :laugh:

Wish us luck :hyper:

dan_bo, DCLane and Spartak like this.
  2. I like Skol

I like Skol Hold my beer and watch this......

Can't wait for this, first time cycle racing for me since my very, very early 20's (so not that long ago really :whistle:).

Have fitted a brand new set of 35mm CX tyres to my GT grade carbon and feel about as ready as I'll ever be. Hoping for a reasonable place as I do feel reasonably fit at the moment.

Just realised @Kestevan of this forum likes the odd CX race. Short notice I know but do you fancy bringing your Grade over for some fun tomorrow, I know you like it rough and dirty :eek:

Last edited: 20 Jan 2018
    dan_bo and Spartak like this.
  3. steven1988

steven1988 Well-Known Member

Hope the weather' better for you than it was for our local league today. Think my 9 year olds face says it all 20180120_113426.jpg

I like Skol and dan_bo like this.
  4. Kestevan

Kestevan Last of the Summer Winos

You just want to make sure your not last.....

Thank for the invite, but, plans with the family for tomorrow.

I like Skol likes this.
  5. dan_bo

dan_bo How much does it cost to Oldham?

Pfft. Looks a bit firm to me.

I like Skol likes this.
  6. screenman

screenman Legendary Member

Have fun, lots of it.

I like Skol likes this.
  7. I like Skol

That's the intention :okay:

screenman likes this.
  8. I like Skol

That kid had it easy. It was horrendous today and everyone I talked to said it was the worst conditions they had ever raced in! Great start to my racing career.....
    Garmin is telling me I rode for 43 minutes and covered 4.25 miles, but I forgot to switch off the auto pause function so not sure how accurate that is? I'm pretty sure I was travelling faster than 6mph :whistle:
    Besides all that, it was ACE and I want to do it again, bike worked well, my MTB skills gained me a fair few places and I didn't fall off. Not an embarrassing debute really :okay:

Kestevan, 13 rider, dan_bo and 3 others like this.
  9. Spartak

Spartak Powered by M&M's

Western League event at Oldbury Court was cancelled due to heavy rain !!

10. I like Skol

We had bitterly cold temperatures (0.5°C) and a biting wind too. Well ard up North!

Spartak and screenman like this.
  11. dan_bo

It was bloody ridiculous.

12. dan_bo

Flapjack was bloody good though.

I like Skol likes this.
  13. screenman

screenman Legendary Member

That is a new one, I rode cross on and off for over 30 years and never had that excuse.

Spartak likes this.
  14. dan_bo

Seems to be more down to the parkies these days. They get jittery when it gets very wet. Shame but it's the way it is at the moment.

screenman likes this.
  15. Spartak

Spartak Powered by M&M's

That's exactly the problem.... Local council parkland..... Don't want to upset them!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice