Wrigley Velo CC go racing (CX)

Wrigley Velo

Tomorrows the day, @dan_bo and @I like Skol are going to the races - www.britishcycling.org.uk/events/details/167789/Harry-Middleton-CC-CX---North-West-Cyclo-Cross-League

Photographs might be a bit of a problem as we are a bit short on groupies to catch any fast action shots,
but there will be a post-race debrief once the mud, sweat & tears have been washed off :cheers:
Just in case anyone might be there to see us, we will be in the Vet Men's race at 13.30hrs (I know, neither of us looks a day over 35, but there you go!) :laugh:

Wish us luck :hyper:

I like Skol

Hold my beer and watch this....
Can't wait for this, first time cycle racing for me since my very, very early 20's (so not that long ago really :whistle:).

Have fitted a brand new set of 35mm CX tyres to my GT grade carbon and feel about as ready as I'll ever be. Hoping for a reasonable place as I do feel reasonably fit at the moment.

Just realised @Kestevan of this forum likes the odd CX race. Short notice I know but do you fancy bringing your Grade over for some fun tomorrow, I know you like it rough and dirty :eek:

Last edited:

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
Can't wait for this, first time cycle racing for me since my very, very early 20's (so not that long ago really :whistle:).

Have fitted a brand new set of 35mm CX tyres to my GT grade carbon and feel about as ready as I'll ever be. Hoping for a reasonable place as I do feel reasonably fit at the moment.

Just realised @Kestevan of this forum likes the odd CX race. Short notice I know but do you fancy bringing your Grade over for some fun tomorrow, I know you like it rough and dirty :eek:
You just want to make sure your not last.....

Thank for the invite, but, plans with the family for tomorrow.

I like Skol

Hold my beer and watch this....
Hope the weather' better for you than it was for our local league today. Think my 9 year olds face says it all View attachment 392410
That kid had it easy. It was horrendous today and everyone I talked to said it was the worst conditions they had ever raced in! Great start to my racing career.....
Garmin is telling me I rode for 43 minutes and covered 4.25 miles, but I forgot to switch off the auto pause function so not sure how accurate that is? I'm pretty sure I was travelling faster than 6mph :whistle:
Besides all that, it was ACE and I want to do it again, bike worked well, my MTB skills gained me a fair few places and I didn't fall off. Not an embarrassing debute really :okay:

Spartak