Wrigley Velos Manchester Velodrome Bash

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
Anita and i are in.
I think @Steve H will be in contact to confirm him and dave and organise payment...

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
Right you lot, it's getting serious now...……. so Dan has obviously passed all admin responsibility to me! :rolleyes:

Booking has been made and accepted for 8am on Sunday 23rd December. An invoice is now winging its way to the door of Dan and payment will be due before the event so we need to start getting money from you good people before the date.

Cost per head is looking like this;
Track hire & coach/instructor comes to £25 per person for the maximum group of 16
Bike hire (I think you can use your own bike if it is suitable but the rules are strict so probably much easier just to use theirs) - £12.80
Shoe hire (again, you can use your own shoes if you have the Look KEO system but they do not allow you to fit your own pedals to the bikes) - £5.40
Cycle helmets - Free of charge :rolleyes:

I need all the people that have asked for spaces to confirm they still want to attend and to send £25 per person to reserve the slot. Just confirm here in this thread you are still in up for it and I will send you some payment details by PM.

@dan_bo +1
@I like Skol
@colly
@fossyant
@Katherine
@Straightup
@Oldfentiger
@nickyboy +1?
@Kestevan (+ Mrs Kes, @Steve H & Dave?)
@skudupnorth
@Bazzer
@Pumpkin the robot

That's 2019 people if everyone confirms and there is only 16 places which means it is 1st come 1st served (payment received reserves your position). Don't hang about, 1st two places already gone to me & Dan_bo!

Skolly :okay:

EDIT: Bike & shoe hire is payable at reception on the day.

Only passed it over cos you're shagging the dog.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Yes please but I don't want to take a place from someone else who is really keen. I'll be the least fit rider but it's a goal to make me get stronger.
I'd like to wear my own shoes and use the toe clips if allowed.
You'll be fine. Kestevan is as slow as an old man and fossyant is just behind him :laugh:

7 paid up places now taken and a few more confirmed but waiting payment so we are easily into the double figures. Should be a good session, I'm really looking forward to it as I haven't done it before.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
I’m working :cry:
Can't you be not working? Phone in sick, get one of the children to muck out the animals, go in late (you should be able to get there for about 11am). There has to be a way to get a few hours early on a Sunday morning...…

13 places now paid for. @Pumpkin the robot is in the process of making the payment? so should be #14. That just leaves 2 spaces for @fossyant @Straightup & @skudupnorth to fight over.

I'm coming over all Christmassy so think I will bring along a couple of trays of mince pies and a tub of Christmas chocolates...…..

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Just checked and Fossy is in :okay:

Pumpkin will then be #15 and that leaves a final spot. Anyone that rides faster than me need not apply..... :blush:

Straightup

If there is a place left it looks like I'm in.
Please direct message me to sort payment etc,
I assume there is no problem with Jnr StraightUp coming along to spectate?

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
If there is a place left it looks like I'm in.
Please direct message me to sort payment etc,
I assume there is no problem with Jnr StraightUp coming along to spectate?
There is still a place so welcome on board, details sent via PM.

Jnr is welcome and should be able to come down into the centre of the arena (although not on the track which is fenced off anyway) but will also be able to wonder freely around the empty spectator seating to get good views of you at almost all points of the track.

There is still a final additional place now available as someone has had to drop out due to serious reasons (Not just because they have to visit the MIL that day!) so if anyone else from the forum or you have a friend that fancies it then jump in before I fill it with a colleague from work (It won't be @potsy before anyone suggests it).

Katherine

Guru
There is still a place so welcome on board, details sent via PM.

Jnr is welcome and should be able to come down into the centre of the arena (although not on the track which is fenced off anyway) but will also be able to wonder freely around the empty spectator seating to get good views of you at almost all points of the track.

There is still a final additional place now available as someone has had to drop out due to serious reasons (Not just because they have to visit the MIL that day!) so if anyone else from the forum or you have a friend that fancies it then jump in before I fill it with a colleague from work (It won't be @potsy before anyone suggests it).
It's looking unlikely that I'll be back on a bike by then too.
Even if my thumbs have healed by then, I won't have the miles in my legs to do justice to a session in the velodrome.
So, happy to give up my place. :sad:

Katherine

Guru
Yes, a bike accident! :sad:

Two weeks ago, riding down the Cadishead Way on the path. It was that glorious sunny day. Late afternoon, riding into the sun . Crossing a junction, I crossed the first side ok, but as I crossed the second half, a black car turned off the main road into the side road that I didn't see until he turned. I braked hard, we missed each other but I went flying. Driver stopped and helped me up , left thumb a funny shape and painful. I wheeled my bike to his house. He called me a taxi. 5 and a half hours at Salford Royal. Dislocated thumb straightened under local. Whole hand swelling up and painful. Sent home. Next day right thumb and hand also painful. Finally seen in fracture clinic 6 days later. Torn ligament on left thumb diagnosed, hand put in plaster cast. Right thumb partially torn ligament. Hand in splint. Op to repair left thumb last Saturday. Very painful all week. Right thumb starting to settle but still very limited use.
As you can see, I can type!

How's the bike, I hear you ask?
Mr K has straightened the bent shifter.
Bar tape torn and bar end a bit bashed.
Saddle torn.
So, compared to me, fine really .

Top Bottom