Wrigley Velos Manchester Velodrome Bash

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
A couple of quick questions:
From the web site, the velodrome wants height and inside leg measurements in advance. Are we sending these individually, or perhaps listed on the separate conversation thread with a single submission?
Does anyone know what the position is with spectators. Mrs B and child 2 have expressed an interest in watching. Mainly I suspect to see hubby/dad suffer. :whistle:

Last edited:

colly

Re member eR
Good question. I think in the past it's been the organiser who has gathered the information and forwarded it on to the Velodrome

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Good question. I think in the past it's been the organiser who has gathered the information and forwarded it on to the Velodrome
I'm trying to get hold of them today because we still haven't had the invoice for the session as far as I am aware, despite a number of assurances from velodrome staff that the event is booked and an invoice will follow in due course!
I will ask the question about rider measurements when I get to speak to someone...…

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Spectators are fine BTW.
Forgot to cover that point. If my experience of watching my oldest do a taster session a few years ago is anything to go by then you are free and welcome to wander around the perimeter of the track and sit in any spectator seat you wish. The place will likely be deserted apart from us. You can also wonder through to the indoor BMX track which may or may not be being used. There is also usually some seats knocking about the rider area at the centre of the track but if you are bringing young children then obviously they have to be supervised and well behaved. We don't want them running around knocking bikes over or going onto the track itself which would be a big safety issue.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Just to let you all know, the Velodrome have confirmed the booking, but still haven't issued an invoice due to system changes and staff training! :eek:

They have said the invoice might not even arrive until the new year. Hope I don't get carried away and spend all the money over the festive period.....

I also asked about bike sizing and they totally ignored that point. I am sure I have asked them this before and they said it didn't matter and bikes will be sorted on the day.

It looks probable that I have managed to refill the spare slot vacated by Dan's mate. Watch this space.....

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
I'll be down there about 7.45.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
I'm aiming for just after 7.30.
A word of warning for those coming from out of the Manchester area; there are roadworks on Regent Road, Salford. This is the road you will be on as you come off the M602, which itself links to the M62/M60/M61. At that time of the morning on a Sunday it shouldn't be too bad and it is possible some of the restrictions normally in place may have been eased. Never the less, you may want to bear this in mind.

Straightup

I'm aiming for 7.30 to 7.45 too.

Just to check - all I need is .....myself and shorts and a top?
Bike and shoes will be sorted at the Velodrome.
I'm assuming its ok to pop the Garmin onto the bike - to add a few more miles to my annual distance......

colly

Re member eR
I'm aiming for 7.30 to 7.45 too.

Just to check - all I need is .....myself and shorts and a top?
Bike and shoes will be sorted at the Velodrome.
I'm assuming its ok to pop the Garmin onto the bike - to add a few more miles to my annual distance......
You will need a helmet. They wont let you on without one.
You can stick the Garmin in your pocket but l dont think they would like you to have it on the bars.

Edit. Last time in went the garmin didnt record much useful stuff because being indoors l think it was always losing satellite contact.
Can always try it though.

Top Bottom