Writing a post and checking back...and losing it!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
As the title says really, I'm writing a post and want to check back, in this case for a list of names, if I go back to another page and then return my post has gone. How do I retain it without opening another window? Apologies for being a dimwit and if this has been asked before.

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
I use the taptalk android app and it does automatically.

Outside of CC I'm in the habit of pressing ctrl+a (select all) then ctrl+c (copy) periodically when writing something epic.

potsy

Rambler
As the title says really, I'm writing a post and want to check back, in this case for a list of names, if I go back to another page and then return my post has gone. How do I retain it without opening another window? Apologies for being a dimwit and if this has been asked before.
I would highlight the text and copy it, can then be pasted back once you return, or instead of going back to another page, open one in a new tab so your original is still there :thumbsup:

You could, when you start to write a post, by clicking "Start New Topic" or "Reply", instead of a normal left-click, do a right-click and open the link in a new tab, then you can flick between the tabs at will.

Norm

That's an issue with your browser. I don't think there's anything that can be done with the coding on any forum.

Shaun

Founder
Understand all that, but wouldn't it be so much easier not to lose what you had written just because you went a back a page?

An automated post-caching system (which takes a restorable snapshot of your post as you compose it) has been requested at the XenForo site, however I couldn't say when (or even if) it would make it into the product.

As per previous advice in the thread, a periodic CTRL+A followed by a CTRL+C to copy my post content is the method I use for the moment.

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

Top Bottom