Wrong bike size Halfords

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
I never have feet flat when seated but I rarely slide forwards unless I know it's going to be a long wait eg level crossing when barriers have just come down. I seem to get snagged getting back onto the saddle if I do that :blush:

I just tip the bike slightly to the left and tiptoe a bit more stably on ground, preferably planting my foot on pavement (obviously not always possible if turning right at lights etc). Long legs help this process

@Leemi1982 having the saddle too low will certainly exacerbate any knee issue

JPBoothy

Veteran
I never have feet flat when seated but I rarely slide forwards unless I know it's going to be a long wait eg level crossing when barriers have just come down. I seem to get snagged getting back onto the saddle if I do that :blush:

I just tip the bike slightly to the left and tiptoe a bit more stably on ground, preferably planting my foot on pavement (obviously not always possible if turning right at lights etc). Long legs help this process

@Leemi1982 having the saddle too low will certainly exacerbate any knee issue
Ha Ha, yes a clear indication of me needing to get new shorts is when I get the baggy gusset caught on the front of my saddle.. You are right though @vickster, a leaning position is the more favourable to me also but, being able to push off and up righting yourself in one quick/slick movement without a wobble probably comes more with experience I would say.

vickster

Legendary Member
Ha Ha, yes a clear indication of me needing to get new shorts is when I get the baggy gusset caught on the front of my saddle.. You are right though @vickster, a leaning position is the more favourable to me also but, being able to push off and up righting yourself in one quick/slick movement without a wobble probably comes more with experience I would say.
I've been riding for years but I also have a shot knee which won't bend beyond 100 deg, so I don't think I could actually go in that way without extreme knee pain! :eek:

JPBoothy

Veteran
I've been riding for years but I also have a shot knee which won't bend beyond 100 deg, so I don't think I could actually go in that way without extreme knee pain! :eek:
I wasn't referring to you being inexperienced @vickster as I have read many of your posts/threads to know better (no, I'm not a stalker :whistle:) but, I wasn't sure how experienced the OP was. I am a believer in doing whatever suits our own individual physical limitations and will only ever off advice to somebody and certainly never utter that arrogant phrase "oy, you're doing that wrong" which some people regularly use freely :okay:

Top Bottom