Wrong item sent, do I have to return it?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
As I understand my consumer law, you give them notice that you are holding goods for them which you did not order and make them available for collection ie by a courier. Set a period of time, eg 14 days, and if they haven't collected them by then, then you will dispose of them without liabilty to them. If you were feeling charitable, you could post them back on receipt of a prepaid envelope, but you have no obligation to do that. I received an expensive (£100) version of a cheaper (£50) jacket I ordered from an outdoors shop - their mistake - I notified them, didn't get a response, kept the jacket.

Old timer

Über Member
If you must be straight with them! I`d remove the mount and keep it and tell them to collect the computer.

I would hope I would be honest about it but I reckon greed might get the better of me! I`m human.

thomas

the tank engine
Read the terms and conditions you agreed to when purchasing, but, unless they specify otherwise:

They have broken the contract, or at least will break it, if they don't supply you with the goods they agreed to sell you.

As for the incorrect item, I would expect a SAE to post it back, received when I got the mount, as well as something to compensate for my inconvenience.

legally, I don't know if there is anything they could do to you if you weren't to send back an item which they chose to send to you (unless otherwise specified in their T&C).

I would phone them, not email. It's easier to get your own way and a problem solved quickly via phone.

OP
OP
A

Ashaman42

Über Member
Surprisingly it's Wiggle, normally they're very good.

Currently at a bit of an impasse, they reckon they can't sent a franked box to me but have ever so kindly sent me a £5 voucher for my inconvenience and to cover the postage to return the computer.

Which is great but postage alone is about a fiver and I'd still need to buy a box to send it in and get myself to a Post Office.

Am a tad frustrated so don't think I'll reply tonight.

Top Bottom