Wrong Postcode Causes Royal Mail A Problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
BSRU

BSRU

A Human Being
On the subject of postmen/women.Why do they only give you 3.7 seconds to answer the door when they are delivering a parcel?
I answered the door to our postman the other day within 10 seconds and he had already written out the missed delivery slip and was just about to pop it through the letterbox.
A mate of mine had to complain to RM about his postie, after twice witnessing the postie just posting a missed delivery slip without even bothering to attempt to deliver anything.

postman

Legendary Member
Maybe my memory is failing me here, but, as a question for old Royal Mail and GPO staff, (me being one,) isn't the mail that can't be sorted due to illegible writing/public stupidity etc. sent to Belfast via East Mids Airport to be deciphered and directed to the correct destination?

Yes it was in my day.But before it even got to the "TAXING" office to be sent back.A shout of where is so and so.A reply would come back on the lines of ,how effing much are you being paid,don't you know it's so and so.If that failed.Then the Taxing officer would use all means possible,to find the correct addressing.It really had to be in a bad state to be sent to Belfast.
Sorry it is all due to cutting back staff and employing casuals and agency staff with little or no training.I kid you not.

sidevalve

Über Member
So the address is wrong and, wonder of wonders, it's SOMEBODY ELSE'S fault that the parcel doesn't get delivered ?

Top Bottom