Wrong tyre size fitted - have I been ripped off?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jayjay80

Hello people.

I've joined the forum because I need some advice from people who may have knowledge. I'm a biking Wally but I've just been given a bike ( a fairly crap one ) so I can commute to work. I have to ride through wooded areas so I thought I'd buy kevlar tyres. I had a family member take the bike to halfords to buy some and put them on, on my receipt the tyres should be bikehut kevlar 26x1.95 but on the actual tyre they have put on it has DSI written on it and the wheel size is 26x2. Have they ripped me off?

I'm hoping to enjoy my commuting enough that ill start investing more time and money into biking.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Hello people.

I've joined the forum because I need some advice from people who may have knowledge. I'm a biking Wally but I've just been given a bike ( a fairly crap one ) so I can commute to work. I have to ride through wooded areas so I thought I'd buy kevlar tyres. I had a family member take the bike to halfords to buy some and put them on, on my receipt the tyres should be bikehut kevlar 26x1.95 but on the actual tyre they have put on it has DSI written on it and the wheel size is 26x2. Have they ripped me off?

I'm hoping to enjoy my commuting enough that ill start investing more time and money into biking.
Hi Jayjay. :welcome:.

I don't think you've been ripped off. Bikehut is a brand Halfords use in-house and none of the goods they supply under this name is marked "Bikehut" except on the label. The sizing is relatively flexible so provided it fits okay, the fact that the receipt and the tyre disagree by 0.05 of an inch doesn't matter.

They should be okay 'til you wear them out. By then you'll have learned enough from here to choose a brand you prefer.:thumbsup:

Enjoy your riding!:smile:

Top Bottom