Wrong way up one way street to be legal!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

zimzum42

Legendary Member
It depends on the street. Some are nice and wide and it would be fine, but I know some one way streets in K&C that hardly have any space for this...

davidtq

I guess just because it will be legal wont mean its "safe" and it will be down to a cyclists judgement as to whether or not to go the "wrong" way down a one way road, sounds like a scary prospect to me. That said I actually prefer oncoming traffic to traffic over taking.

mr_cellophane

Legendary Member
How will that work if a street starts in K&C and finishes in another borough ? You could turn into the road legally and then half way down be illegal. What about roads where one side is in K&C and the other side in Westminster.

Good idea - but totally impractical on a borough by borough basis.
:tongue:

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
It could work - I hope the streets will be signposted properly though.

I've mentioned before that I've seen this sort of thing in France, but over there (or in Le Mans at least) the exemption is clearly indicated to both cyclist and motorist by a "Sauf Cyclistes" sign under the sign showing the restriction/prohibition for motor vehicles. Not signing these things is a recipe for disaster, given the average motorist's knowledge of the highway code and traffic regulations.

spindrift

Why in the name of left-handed Greek buggery have they asked "Captain Gatso" to comment?

http://driving.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/driving/news/article4061323.ece?Submitted=true

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
spindrift said:
Why in the name of left-handed Greek buggery have they asked "Captain Gatso" to comment?
And why for the cycling comment is it Jon Snow, who freely admits to breaking the law on this?

domtyler

Über Member
spindrift said:
Safety advice from an arsonist?

As opposed to someone who advocated stealing the identities of the recently deceased in order to be able to drive at whatever speed you like on public highways? :smile:

It's great innit!

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
This is not new. There are a few roads in Ken.and Chelsea that are sisnposted for cyclists to go the wrong way. Kempsford Grds and Earls Court sq are two in particular that I use.

Top Bottom