WTD: SRAM Apex 10spd rear mech (medium cage)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dhd.evans1

I know, highly specific, but the pinch bolt on my 2012 Boardman's rear mech has finally given up the ghost and the threads are gubbed. Looking for used etc. and posted at like £20 total at the most?

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Also look for a Rival 10 speed derailleur if you can find one as they can be used with Apex shifters (and vice-versa). Sorry to say I'm keeping my spare 'just in case', but good luck with your hunt.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
There's a vague chance I may have one of these in the garage. I used to have Apex but when the chainset wore out and the right shifter disintegrated I had it replaced with 105. Now, did I get the old mechs back from the LBS after they did the work? If so, then they will be in a box in the garage. But I've a feeling I may have told them to dispose of them as I didn't want the clutter as they were pretty worn.

I'll have a dig around over the Easter weekend.

OP
OP
dhd.evans1

dhd.evans1

There's a vague chance I may have one of these in the garage. I used to have Apex but when the chainset wore out and the right shifter disintegrated I had it replaced with 105. Now, did I get the old mechs back from the LBS after they did the work? If so, then they will be in a box in the garage. But I've a feeling I may have told them to dispose of them as I didn't want the clutter as they were pretty worn.

I'll have a dig around over the Easter weekend.

Thank you my dude! I appreciate it. Let me know your pricetag for it once you've had a rake. I have some 105 bits and pieces knocking around if you'd like some of them also in return as well as payment :smile:

OP
OP
dhd.evans1

dhd.evans1

i know i have an sram apex in white in the shed , needs a barrel adjuster , worked otherwise last time i used it. Pretty sure its medium cage though :sad:

I'm going to check to make sure it's long cage i'm needing - i've got short cage on all my other road machines so it may just be a trick of the light that it's long cage.

OP
OP
dhd.evans1

dhd.evans1

I think Apex & Rival only came in short (up to 28t on the cassette) or medium (up to 32t on the cassette).

Yep, checking the SRAM website it looks like that. Trick of the light for me then! OK, i'll adjust the title of the thread as it's medium i'm needing.

Pgd

Veteran
By coincidence, I've also been looking out for this identical item. I recently got a second-hand road/hybrid bike, with Apex, but which I thought might be a little high-geared; so I was considering switching out the short cage for mid/long to handle a larger cassette. But they're seemingly hen's teeth! I ordered an X5 (MTB) long cage instead. Glad the OP is sorted though.

OP
OP
dhd.evans1

dhd.evans1

By coincidence, I've also been looking out for this identical item. I recently got a second-hand road/hybrid bike, with Apex, but which I thought might be a little high-geared; so I was considering switching out the short cage for mid/long to handle a larger cassette. But they're seemingly hen's teeth! I ordered an X5 (MTB) long cage instead. Glad the OP is sorted though.

I work at an LBS that recycles bikes so we occasionally get interesting things - if a medium cage version appears (and I see it) I'll drop you a line!

Reactions: Pgd

Pgd

Veteran
Thanks for the sentiment, genuinely -- but assuming I get the X5 up and running, I'll be all good 👍. Just a weird coincidence seeing the thread title! 😮

Top Bottom