XL Road Bike (Commuter)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi, After the insurance company has finally given sent a cheque after the accident, I'm looking for a cheapish XL road bike to act as a commuter. Not really too bothered about make etc, but probably in the price £200-300, and as I'm 6'4", it has to be XL and in reasonable condition.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Probably more modern, although the Reynolds does look rather nice.
What's the spec on the Ribble?

The Ribble is Reynolds 653 and has done hardly any mileage as original owner rode it on a few rides then left it in his mates shed till earlier this year when i got it and its done about 200 miles since , campagnolo athens rims on campagnolo athena i think hubs and a Campagnolo 8 speed Avanti ergo group set .Tyres are new as originals had perished . Please note the saddle , lights , garmin and under saddle bag SHOWN IN BOTH PICS NOT INCLUDED IN SALE BUT A Saddle will be

OP
OP
M

MartinQ

Guru
The Ribble is Reynolds 653 and has done hardly any mileage as original owner rode it on a few rides then left it in his mates shed till earlier this year when i got it and its done about 200 miles since , campagnolo athens rims on campagnolo athena i think hubs and a Campagnolo 8 speed Avanti ergo group set .Tyres are new as originals had perished . Please note the saddle , lights , garmin and under saddle bag SHOWN IN BOTH PICS NOT INCLUDED IN SALE BUT A Saddle will be

What size tyres (25, 28, ...) does it have? 59 frame might be too small, I think I had a 60 a few years back and that felt small, although frames do differ. What are you looking for on it?

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
What size tyres (25, 28, ...) does it have? 59 frame might be too small, I think I had a 60 a few years back and that felt small, although frames do differ. What are you looking for on it?

I Think 23's but will check lunchtime . Got it on gumtree fro £350 https://www.gumtree.com/p/bicycles/...s-653-frame-loaded-with-campagnolo/1298089141 but open to offers

OP
OP
M

MartinQ

Guru

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Sounds like it might be a touch small, a bit more than I was looking at and I'd have to replace the tyres (23s tend to be too narrow to be used on a commuter in the winter with my size - 25 at a push, 28 preferable). Let me know, but I may have to pass.

hey no probs i doubt 28's would fit under the rear caliper but will confirm what size are on now

Top Bottom