XL size seat post wedge bags

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BarryT

Does anybody know where I can find a Zefal Iron Pack XL-DS or something of similar capacity at around the £20 mark. All the wedge bags seem to be getting smaller. I take the usual accoutrements, spare tube, patches ,tyre levers, multi tool and rain jacket, but would like a bit more space for the odd Cornish pasty or pork pie, (purely to take home whilst shopping you understand). I have a bike hut bag from a few years ago but they are no longer available and this is getting, like me, a bit long in the tooth.
Ideally I don’t want a T fit or clip mount because the bag has to alternate between my road bike and hybrid and it is almost impossible to fit this bag to the road bike.
I’m losing the will to live surfing through countless pages all tieenie tiny bags

Nebulous

Guru
No ideas for you - I use an Ortlieb saddle bag which I don't think is made anymore, but I'd say get two.

In my experience when something alternates between two bikes it is always on the wrong one...

Juliansou

A slightly left field idea but …….. have you considered a hip bag (formally known as bum bags). Lots more variety/choice with capacity & obviously easy to transfer between bikes! I use one for spares etc & to be honest, I don’t even know I’m wearing it. Just an alternative - I’m told they’re quite funky now😀

OP
OP
B

BarryT

How about a Carradice CarraDura Maxi? I use one for long day rides and it easily holds everything you've listed. There was one for sale on this site last week, might still be available. I also have the Midi version but that isn't pasty friendly!
https://carradice.co.uk/product-tag/carradura/
Carradice proved to be the one, specifically cardura super midi, at 2.4 litre. Big enough for all my bits plus a small Cornish …. Small enough to be pretty unobtrusive. I knew somebody would help. Many Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom