Xmas avatars

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbb

Legendary Member
Not quite time yet..

:wacko::sad::biggrin: Its going to be sad to see the hats go :biggrin::sad::ohmy: Ive enjoyed seeing what you have all done...
So whos going to still have theirs in July :tongue:

yenrod

QVC has a shopping in JULY 'experience'.

Noodley

I got rid of mine today then realised I had forgotten how to get an avatar, hence I am avatarless. ;)

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Noodley said:
I got rid of mine today then realised I had forgotten how to get an avatar, hence I am avatarless. ;)

Oh dear;)

Try the following: Go to "My Account" at the top left of the page, under where (wear) it says what thread you are in.

Go to "edit Avatar". Then scroll down the page. You could chose one from the squiggly patterns available. But you are probably seeking something a bit more adventurous. So scroll further down (that's scroll, not troll) and you will see the bit where it says "Upload image from your computer". Or, you can upload from other sites, I think. Hope this helps.

Do not forget to "save the changes" at the end of all this.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
I try to recycle unwanted items where ever possible, so I think these hats should be recycled. Unfortunately they are all of different sizes. :laugh:

Ratty's, for instance, might be about two inches across, whereas Tug's is about 16 feet across, with many sizes in between. I met someone's pet ferret today, and she (the ferret) likes to hide in soft fluffy places. So if anyone has a Santa hat about 5 inches in diameter, she might like it.
Has anyone else got any suggestions?

Anyone who likes basketball, could turn them upside down and use them for practice. ;)

Noodley

Fab Foodie said:
Noodley, bring back Fletch...somehow he suits you!

I cannae bloody work out how I got the pic of Fletch saved on my computer from google images! ;):blush:

I am trying to get him back, but in the meantime you'll have to make do with my bike at the top of a hill.

Any advice?

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Noodley said:
I cannae bloody work out how I got the pic of Fletch saved on my computer from google images! ;):blush:

I am trying to get him back, but in the meantime you'll have to make do with my bike at the top of a hill.

Any advice?

I think you will have to google it again, and then enter the URL in option 1, which is just above the bit where you would have entered the location of the chosen picture from your computer.

Noodley

Speicher said:
I think you will have to google it again, and then enter the URL in option 1, which is just above the bit where you would have entered the location of the chosen picture from your computer.

Nope, I tried that. I had to somehow dowload the image to my computer then just browse. The "somehow download" bit is beyond me at present.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Noodley said:
Nope, I tried that. I had to somehow dowload the image to my computer then just browse. The "somehow download" bit is beyond me at present.

Go to, for instance, the Porridge website, which I just did on your behalf:ohmy:
by searching for Porridge BBC TV.

Then go to where it says "Pics" near the top of the page. click on the image you like, and then RIGHT CLICK on that picture. (You could probably choose any pic you like from anywhere).

A sub window thingy should come up, and you can choose, amongst other things, "save picture as". If you click on that, then it should take you to the part of your computer where the other pictures are stored. It does on my computer anyway. I hope this helps, if not, you may have to wait until tomorrow morning, because I am off to beddy bies soon.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Speicher said:
I met someone's pet ferret today, and she (the ferret) likes to hide in soft fluffy places. So if anyone has a Santa hat about 5 inches in diameter, she might like it.
Has anyone else got any suggestions?

My local "Pets at Home" store sells just such an item, specifically for pets to sleep in (I think they were hamster/mouse size, but have a vague recollection of larger ones being a part of the range). Could be worth a look if you've one local to you.

Top Bottom