Scotland : Edinburgh & Lothians Xmas day/night out?

Would you like a xmas day/night out?

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Col5632

Guru
I thought about making a thread about this a while back but thought its far too early to say the C word, was going to mention it on the ride yesterday but i totally forgot. :santa:

I'm not sure if its ever been done on CC but its something i thought i would ask.

What i had thought about doing is either plan a day where we go and do something which isnt related to cycling as such, something like go karting or paintballing and even bowling then maybe have a meal and possibly a few drinks, if the day thing is too much work then we could always just meet for a meal/drink or have both?

I have made the title west lothian as i think edinburgh or even glasgow would be the best places to hold a day/night out. (and cause you cant have just scotland)

I'll make a poll and once i know if its a goer then we can talk about dates/times/places etc

Cheers

Col

D

Deleted member 20519

I'd be up for it, I couldn't join you for the drink though ;)

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Sounds good! :hungry::thumbsup: Somewhere central-ish and accessible by public transport is probably essential, so we can congregate regardless of the weather and car-ownership... If we can make it daytime/weekend (lunch?) rather than evening, there is always the possibility of turning up by bike, weather permitting...

A few years ago, we had a mince pie & stollen "ride" as a CC Ecosse RV ride (for newbies - everybody comes together at an agreed time/place for cake & chat, by bike or other means, travelling at their own speed, as waiting for each other in the cold can be a bit :cold: ). I was thinking of resurrecting something along these lines this year, but in no way as a competition for your idea, but as an extra event (mince pies, stollen and mulled wine/apple juice provided :thanks:).

T

OP
OP
Col5632

Col5632

Guru
Sounds good! :hungry::thumbsup: Somewhere central-ish and accessible by public transport is probably essential, so we can congregate regardless of the weather and car-ownership... If we can make it daytime/weekend (lunch?) rather than evening, there is always the possibility of turning up by bike, weather permitting...

A few years ago, we had a mince pie & stollen "ride" as a CC Ecosse RV ride (for newbies - everybody comes together at an agreed time/place for cake & chat, by bike or other means, travelling at their own speed, as waiting for each other in the cold can be a bit :cold: ). I was thinking of resurrecting something along these lines this year, but in no way as a competition for your idea, but as an extra event (mince pies, stollen and mulled wine/apple juice provided :thanks:).

T

Yeah somewhere like the omni centre (edinburgh) where there is loads to choose from and close to train station etc, i'm open to ideas and suggestions from anybody, like i said its just an idea i had :thumbsup:

By all means make a thread with your idea and see what interest you get ;)

Noodley

Talk of train stations is all very well, but Mr Beecham and the erosion of the public transport ever since put paid to any chance of effective public transport links outwith the central belt.

Anyway, irrespective of the lack of effective transport links, I would be interested, depending on when it is. Location is not that important as I'm fecked wherever it is - did I mention lack of effective transport?

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
"nowadays" ......... hmmmm ....

He's too young to have be taught correctly ... ^_^

... not old enough to have been there at the time ... :headshake:

... and too old to remember any of it/what he's on about. :sad:

- did I mention lack of effective education ?

:whistle:

Fubar

Guru

T

Perhaps for next year we need to congregate at somewhere like the Sky Ride as a CC Ecosse "meet and greet" for those on the forum thinking of coming on a ride but worried about going cycling with a bunch of (very!) strange men, and to encourage people to join the forum - not sure if something like that has been done before?

OP
OP
Col5632

Col5632

Guru
Perhaps for next year we need to congregate at somewhere like the Sky Ride as a CC Ecosse "meet and greet" for those on the forum thinking of coming on a ride but worried about going cycling with a bunch of (very!) strange men, and to encourage people to join the forum - not sure if something like that has been done before?

That's a great idea, thought we would have got more CC'ers at this years one but only the few of us were in attendance :sad:

Unsure if the day/night out should/could be a bring a partner with you type of event or not? :laugh::stop:

Fubar

Guru
That's a great idea, thought we would have got more CC'ers at this years one but only the few of us were in attendance :sad:

Unsure if the day/night out should/could be a bring a partner with you type of event or not? :laugh::stop:

Not sure what the script is with Sky Ride but I'm sure some of us would be willing to "man" a CC stall and prove that all shapes and sizes can go cycling! It was a bit late in the day for me this year but with a bit of notice I think it would work - I suppose it depends whether Admin think more traffic to the site is beneficial to CC as a whole, or whether we are just trying to attract people to "come ride with us"?!?

Partners just complicate things, in more ways than one... :laugh:

OP
OP
Col5632

Col5632

Guru
Not sure what the script is with Sky Ride but I'm sure some of us would be willing to "man" a CC stall and prove that all shapes and sizes can go cycling! It was a bit late in the day for me this year but with a bit of notice I think it would work - I suppose it depends whether Admin think more traffic to the site is beneficial to CC as a whole, or whether we are just trying to attract people to "come ride with us"?!?

Partners just complicate things, in more ways than one... :laugh:

Sounds very possible, I just don't know why they make it the day before or same day as Pedal For Scotland, surely they must know if they made it a different weekend then more people would turn up? :shy:

Yeah thats a fair point :laugh:

Fubar

Guru
Sounds very possible, I just don't know why they make it the day before or same day as Pedal For Scotland, surely they must know if they made it a different weekend then more people would turn up? :shy:

Yeah thats a fair point :laugh:

I think that would make sense, though it is probably a sponsor/logistics matter.

Top Bottom