Yeller De Rosa ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

daysnways

the shot -in seat stays look little agricultural...is the flare out from it on the seat tube forming a heart or is it just poor craftsmanship.

I have a similar chainstay brace and hearts on my Olganero, Gianni Losa also used hearts.

midlife

Guru
Seat stays look like Bigg's Shorter in the thread on this page.

the shot -in seat stays look little agricultural...is the flare out from it on the seat tube forming a heart or is it just poor craftsmanship.

I have a similar chainstay brace and hearts on my Olganero, Gianni Losa also used hearts.

Re the 'shot- in seat stays look a little agricultural ' - that is basically the effect of shadowing on the frame - the frame welding is all pretty nicely done.

I think here in New Zealand we generally refer to the "fronk forks' (rather than 'front fork') - although I agree that "Front Fork" is grammatically correct (but I've never thought about that expression before ) - well spotted !
You Kiwis are crazy. My bike doesn't even have a fronk.

Jokes aside, "front" is superflous. There is only one fork on a bike. You don't talk abut your horse's front head, do you?

You Kiwis are crazy. My bike doesn't even have a fronk.

Jokes aside, "front" is superflous. There is only one fork on a bike. You don't talk abut your horse's front head, do you?
In fact, we don't talk abut much ! But jokes aside - its just an expression, grammatically incorrect yes, but we, of the cult, commonly referred to as "cyclists" do understand each other, when we use this outlandish jargon !

Well, - I have found the answer to the puzzle - this bike is called a Bauer Momentum 300 - I think they were built here in New Zealand as dedicated road racing bikes. I cant find exactly which years they were built , but it seems that they are from 80's - which means that the 'heart cutouts' on the lugs, and the cable loops on the top tube, are a bit out of whack with most European and English made cycles of that era. These bikes were fitted with Modolo bars, and Shimano gear set. Anyway thanks for all your suggestions and input. Now I will get on with getting it sorted out, and deciding what I will do with it. Cheers !

Top Bottom