Yeller De Rosa ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Is this a De Rosa, or another member of the 'heart cut-out lugs gang ? - Also wondering approx.what year?

The little reinforcing piece between the rear lower fork arms close to the seat is interesting, and fairly distinctive. I haven't put it on any scales, but the frame + forks are incredibly light.

I haven't seen any photos of a De Rosa of that era with backstays that meet the seat post at a lower level than where the back end of the top tube joins, -( but maybe I haven't looked in the right place). Any bright ideas or leads to identifying photos would be great, - Cheers.
DSCF4043.JPG
DSCF4054.JPG

Attachments

• DSCF4046.JPG
    DSCF4046.JPG
    78.6 KB · Views: 91
  • DSCF4047.JPG
    DSCF4047.JPG
    92.2 KB · Views: 87
  • DSCF4049.JPG
    DSCF4049.JPG
    88.7 KB · Views: 91
  • DSCF4052.JPG
    DSCF4052.JPG
    54.3 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle

S-Express

It's just a sign of lugs with heart-shaped cut-outs, nothing more. The fork is probably a lot later than the frame too, by the look of it...

Yes - I am sure you are right there - that fork doesn't belong - looks more 80's or 90's to me - (and now kicking myself for selling off a very suitable orphan pair of forks that were 531 with Campag dropouts 6 months ago ! )

You had two of them?

The fork in that bike is from the right era but it is a generic replacement, probably made by Specialized who sold thousands like that for replacing broken Cinelli internal butted forks which were engineering disasters.

midlife

Guru
Interesting, any clearer pics of the seat stay arrangement?

Shaun

woodbutcher

Veteran
Is this a De Rosa, or another member of the 'heart cut-out lugs gang ? - Also wondering approx.what year?

The little reinforcing piece between the rear lower fork arms close to the seat is interesting, and fairly distinctive. I haven't put it on any scales, but the frame + forks are incredibly light.

I haven't seen any photos of a De Rosa of that era with backstays that meet the seat post at a lower level than where the back end of the top tube joins, -( but maybe I haven't looked in the right place). Any bright ideas or leads to identifying photos would be great, - Cheers. View attachment 356260 View attachment 356268

I haven't seen any photos of a De Rosa of that era with backstays that meet the seat post at a lower level than where the back end of the top tube joins, -( but maybe I haven't looked in the right place). Any bright ideas or leads to identifying photos would be great, - Cheers. View attachment 356260 View attachment 356268
This is the Fiorelli made frame of my Coppi. its no great shakes as a photo but you can see the little brace which is pretty much the same as on your bike and the lugs have the all to familiar heart cutouts hope you find it interesting !

Attachments

• 2017-04-07 14.52.17.jpg
    2017-04-07 14.52.17.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 74

midlife

Guru
That's an interesting seat stay arrangement :smile: The chainstay bridge design is pretty common, I think my Thompson has one like it.

How wide is the bottom bracket shell?

Top Bottom