Yellow or Feather dusters........can`t choose!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Slowgrind

I`ve reached a bit of a crisis point here and am wrestling with a huge life altering decision. My old duster has finally bit the dust and I`m looking for a new one. Now here`s the rub, should I go for a bright fluffy yellow type duster of the traditional kind or, opt for the Ken Dodd style feather type. I just can`t decide? :biggrin:

col

Legendary Member
Both,the ken dodd one is good for high spots, er so my wife tells me:smile:

stevenb

Have you checked this months 'Which Duster' to consult for expert advise.
Don't get a top of the range one....some have reliability issues.

The Ken Dodd ones are ok for posing as Ken Dodd....but that's as far as it goes. Go for a damp cloth..preferably a dish cloth as this will do a better job and you can still wipe over the kitchen work top.

I'm sure your decision will be the correct one. Maybe you could write an analysis of your findings.
Good luck.

Panter

Just call me Chris...
Gotta be the ordinary Yellow cloth ones for me, every time.

The feather ones are more for show, just for housework posers really. Mind you, if you can find one with a carbon shaft, they do dampen vibrations caused by fast, substained, dust-busting :biggrin:

OP
OP
Slowgrind

Slowgrind

Yes Panter, I have read of the HAV issues connected with rigid shafted implements, and will keep that thought in mind when making my final decision. However the option of a flexible twisted wire type handle has been suggested by a colleague for reaching those awkward places. I had hoped to find something that would tackle horizontal and venetian blinds without being a threat to the Ming!

Panter

Just call me Chris...
Hmmm, fair comment. Have you considered lateral stiffness though? the wire won't offer such a fast responce as the aforementioned carbon, or even plastic, options.

True, the humble Yellow cloth will struggle with a vanetian blind, but it will bring you closer to the surface, you can feel every undulation as the dust is smote from the blind.

Ahhh, the agony of choice eh?

Top Bottom