yep, lights went on front and rear tonight

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

hackbike 6

Mine have been on all year.

gavintc

Guru
Lights went on the bike 2 weeks ago, but I did not start to use them till last week. So, back into the routine of re-charging the battery each night.

OP
OP
ianrauk

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
ok, let me rephrase my original post.
My lights, which have been attached to my bike all year round, needed to be switched on for the first time this autumn during my commute home.

Wolf04

Haven't needed to turn them on due to darkness but had them all blazing due to thick fog twice last week.
Off to Maplins tomorrow to buy some new rechargables
12 x AAA for £9.99 that should hopefully see me through the winter.

grhm

Veteran
hackbike 6 said:
Ok let me rephrase that.My lights have been in use all year round.

I take it you ain't doing an office job with a standard 9-5 shift.

Wolf04

HLaB said:
I had my rear switched on today, it was a pretty murky morning and if my front had been mounted I would have switched on too. I was didn't want to go to the hassle however, of stopping, taking of my gloves and digging it out of the pannier.

Same here, miserable commuting weather, not sure whether it was dark and murky or just very murky as I set out 20 minutes early today. All lights on.

Amanda P

Legendary Member
Don't quite need mine for getting to and from work yet.

Did the shopping on the way home on Friday, and it was dark when I came out of the supermarket. Switched on the lights and set off.

Foolishly, I used the bike lanes to cut off the roundabout at Monks Cross. As I bumped up a kerb, my back light dropped off and before I could retrieve it it was crushed by a passing car. It was one of those Superflash 1W jobbies, too.

I had to back-track to Evans and spend more money. Grrrr.

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
HLaB said:
I had my rear switched on today, it was a pretty murky morning and if my front had been mounted I would have switched on too. I was didn't want to go to the hassle however, of stopping, taking of my gloves and digging it out of the pannier.

I think I landed lucky as the weather was just right at 6am; no rain, not too cold and the headwind didn't seem to be slowing me down as much as usual.

I've had my lights on for a couple of months now (as it's dark when I set off for work, and even before it was dark it was pretty wet'n'murky). I sometimes put the AyUps on when I cycle home in daylight, as they definitely aid visibility. I had a guy pull up on a bike and ask me where I got them from as he said he could see me coming for miles :smile:

hackbike 6

I saw some girl with an interesting bike light which was bright and I wanted to find out where she got it from.Also wanted to tell her the fact her jacket was covering it up,but I bottled it.

Top Bottom