YES, a more snow thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
KentMikey said:
Good god this is awful.

What's awful............this is ace............

Enough proper snow to get the best bit of kit out of the garage..... an MTB.... go for it....... oh, and don't even think of riding the roads........ off road it, or pavements......

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
KentMikey said:
Good god this is awful.

What's awful............this is ace............

Enough proper snow to get the best bit of kit out of the garage..... an MTB.... go for it....... oh, and don't even think of riding the roads........ off road it, or pavements......

AlanW

Guru
Yes I know that I have left it late :biggrin: , but anyone know where I get a pair of Schwalbe Ice Spiker tyres from?

They seem pretty popular as all the usual on line shops are showing no stock. ;)

For me, this evening was scary - and I wasn't even on the bike! That is, except the homeward commute about 7pm when the roads were clear and the air chilly rather than frosty, no probs cycling home. And there was no indication of snow on the way. But our son was away - on his bike - doing his karate at a place just outside Haywards Heath - about 6 miles away.

At 7.30 I put my head out the door and reported a slight sleety drizzle - nothing to get too worked up about I thought.

7:45: Mrs P looks out and says the snow is coming in in earnest now.

7:50. Decide to drop everything and go on a rescue mission (in car). By this time the snow has settled about 1cm - in five minutes. Luckily the car is in garage, so I get going straight off.

Try the usual shortcut along country lane, which my son takes on the bike, just in case son had set off early, idea being to intercept him (wasn't answering phone). Not good idea. Couldn't get up first hill. Almost did a 90° spin. Somehow - will never know how - contrived to turn round, driving way up the verge in process. Back to main road. Reached sports hall without further mishap by which time snow was settling thick.

Then it was a race against time to stuff son's bike and kit into car, crawl back home at speeds of around 10-15 mph. Even at that speed it was frightening going down any hills, and equally scary wondering if I'd make it up any hills. Cycle in that weather? Maybe some can do it, but my son was glad of the lift and wouldn't have tried. Anyway we limp home just as Mrs P beginning to worry.

As I write this the snow seems to have just stopped falling, with a few inches settled. But more on the way I reckon.:biggrin:

To cap it all: I've been down today with a nasty cold and chesty cough, running a slight temperature. :biggrin: I really feel like cr*p warmed up at present. So much for heroics! Off to bed now, time to sleep it off. Tomorrow - well I'm entitled to call in sick I think, taken hardly any sickies over the years... :biggrin:

So long.

Top Bottom