YES - Double Scalp To Open My Account

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ACS

Legendary Member
I was glad to get scalped this evening, nipped out for a quick 10 miler before the light faded and was struggling into a light head wind that felt like a gale, a hill I normally glide up was like climbing Alp D'huez and I was resigning myself to life with a beard and a Dawes when a rather petite and attractive lady cyclist swept past me and all of a sudden my legs started working again strange that…..

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
satans budgie said:
.....sudden my legs started working again strange that…..

All three of them?

tyred

Legendary Member
It's usually me who gets overtaken.

However I took great delight a few months ago in passing a couple of trendy teenagers on supermarket specials on my Raleigh 20:thumbsup:

OP
OP
MacB

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
I got overtaken by a roadie on Wednesday morning, going uphill with my two panniers and he cruised past. But he didn't seem to pull away and I was thinking, yeah not so fast are you. Then we got to the top of the hill and he just vanished. Pulled away from me so fast that I couldn't even catch up to his dust trail to let me eat it!!!!

J4CKO

I have to keep my speed down, like Concorde did as there are complaints about the sonic boom, so I keep it below 20.

I did scalp a roadie the other day, he is from our place and has not cycled since last September, so he was going along Chelford road, perhaps 15/16 mph minding his own finding his legs again, so with a heroic effort on my part of ego over fitness I cranked it up to 25 mph and blew past with a cheery "Mornin mate" ;)

I got to work and scuttled into the showers so he didnt see my panting like a bastard, to continue the avaiation theme it was like a Spitfire that in WW2 could use full supercharger to get away from enemies but only for a limited time and it required a new engine afterwards.

garrilla

I'll try to race anyone and everyone, but I particularly like to beat RLJs, especially if they over-take while i'm a stationary but law-abiding citizen, its one the best gloats of all.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I keep scalping a lady on my commute - once down hill and once coming up the drag.....

Said "Hello" to her at the lights...."oh nice bike" she said... "Oh thanks"....B).......I hope she didn't think I passed her just cos my bike was nice....:blush:

I do like catching RLJ'ers - catch, pass, stop, jump, catch, pass, stop, jump........................B)

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
fossyant said:
I do like catching RLJ'ers - catch, pass, stop, jump, catch, pass, stop, jump........................B)
Plenty of fun to be had with that one in the city centre, I find.

Top Bottom