Yet another bike advice needed thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I would splash some cash on some slicks first and see how it goes.

If you still find it not up to the job by all means consider another bike but do not spend a lot of money without spending £20-30 on something that could make the difference you need.

Halfords are doing the Carrera Virtuosa for 329.00

bad boy

Über Member
Debian said:
You're welcome to say that.

However I wish to have my own thread; anyone who wishes to contribute then that's great. If anyone doesn't want to contribute then don't, it's fine.

I agree Debian every ones purchase requirements might be slightly different so a new thread is highly relevant if people don't want to post then they wont, I'm sure your not silly and know how to search so posts like that are not very helpful, and certainly not the kind you are hoping for.

for your price bracket I would look at bottom end spez sirrus which does have flats but the frame geometry is going to be very different to your mtb so unless you really want drops don't let that put you off. You may find an older model within your price bracket with a bit of searching.

The Spez Globe is a very good commuting bike also great position and very sturdy frame, bigger wheels means faster rolling aswell so will be quicker than your mtb with slicks on no doubt

Have you got a view on second hand as your money will go further.

OP
OP
Debian

Debian

Well, thanks for all the helpful replies.

I've decided to change the tyres on my current ride and see how that goes. You may have noticed on another thread that I've been dilly-dallying about the tyres. Well today I went into my LBS for some new gear cable housing and a cable, whilst waiting I noticed a couple of tyres with Schwalbe lables on so I asked if they could get Big Apples in. A quick phone call to their supplier and - yes, have them in by midweek at £16 each, which is cheaper than CRC and Wiggle do them for. So I ordered two. Bit of an impulse decision but a good one hopefully. Just shows what good deals can be had at the LBS too!

I'll see how it goes with the new tyres and then decide.

Thanks again everyone.

Top Bottom