Yet another tyre recommendation question - 28mm, road, good p****ure resistance

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bruce1530

Guru
I know it’s been asked before - looking for recommendations for 28mm tyres.

Currently running 28mm Gatorskin wire bead - they’ve done about 5000 miles.. Side walls have a few nicks, looking to change them before they get any worse.

Can’t remember when I last had a puncture on them.

About 95% of my riding is on tarmac roads. Occasional foray onto tracks, but nothing too extreme.

Obvious choice is another set of gator skins - I’m not unhappy with them. But interested to hear what other options people might suggest.

Price not my main concern, but obviously, if there are any decent tyres on special offer.....

U

User169

Challenge Paris-Roubaix are pretty good.

Dec66

A gentlemanly pootler, these days
Vittoria Rubino Pro.

For a combination of rolling resistance, puncture protection and value for money, they are smashing.

T4tomo

Guru
If you like the Gatorsjins, try conti 4 seasons. Have a bit more grip and feel but similar levels of protection to the gskins.

si_c

Guru
I've always found Vittoria Zaffiro Pro - with folding bead - to be a good choice, same with the Rubino Pros. I'm currently using Bontrager AW2 HCLs - I've had them in the past and they are some of the grippiest tyres I've used and they last a while too. I ride on roads mostly but a fair bit of gravel track and bridleways thrown in.

OP
OP
bruce1530

bruce1530

Guru
Thanks for all the advice - much appreciated. It’s clear that everyone has their personal preferences, which is sort of what I expected.

Picked up a set of Duranos today, will give them a try.

Top Bottom