Yet Another Tyre Size Thread!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Phixion

I'm a little confused as to what sized tyres are on my Cube Peleton.

The description on my bike says I have 25x622.

http://www.cube.eu/e...series/peloton/

However, reading the tyre wall gives me the following:

25-622 (28x1.00-700x25c) 85-115 PSI

So am I on 25s or 28s?

I find the ride quite harsh at the moment... would it be more comfortable for me with 28mm or 32mm tyres? I'm not so fussed about rolling resistance right now, I'm not racing... just trying to get fit!

Cheers

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
They are 25 Tyres.
The 28x1 is the decimal size.

To go to a larger width tyre you need to check the clearance on the forks to see if they can take a larger tyre. Failing that if you find the ride too harsh you can run the tyres at a lower psi. Your tyres take a psi of between 85-115... try going for 90psi see if it makes a difference.

e-rider

crappy member
They are 25 Tyres.
The 28x1 is the decimal size.

To go to a larger width tyre you need to check the clearance on the forks to see if they can take a larger tyre. Failing that if you find the ride too harsh you can run the tyres at a lower psi. Your tyres take a psi of between 85-115... try going for 90psi see if it makes a difference.

No 700x25 is the decimal size (28x1 is the imperial size)

the tyres are 25mm (or 1")

The wheel size is 700c (or 28")

e-rider

crappy member
So according to the Cube FAQ I can use a maximum tyre width of 2.25"

http://www.cube.eu/e...e-on-cube-bike/

Thats like 60mm width?!

32mm or 35mm would fit without issue?

Edit looking at tyre widths online, the 28mm looks plenty wide enough. I guess that would fit without issue.

NO, 2.25" is the max size for mountain bikes not your bike!

28mm is probably the max but maybe that is even too wide? Check how much clearance you have spare between tyre and frame/brake caliper.

P-A

Similar question as the OP so not worth starting a new thread for:

I crrently have 28"25-622 Ultra Sport tyres and looking to upgrade to Ultra GatorSkin. Would I need 700 x 25mm or 700 x 28mm?

Thanks for any replies!

Top Bottom