Yet another which bike should I choose thread...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

the_mikey

Legendary Member
Hi,

I've started yet another which bike thread.

After many weeks visiting shops online and on the high street, I've come up with a list of bikes I'm considering:

2010 Pinarello FP2 Carbon ~ £1400
2011 Giant TCR composite 2 ~ £1650
2011 Trek madone 3.1 ~£1600
2011 Cannondale super six 105 £1800

My heart says Giant or Pinarello, but my head says trek, and whatever is between them says cannondale. You can guess that I'm looking for either consensus among forum members and suggestions for alternative bikes based on what you've seen in that list so far.

Russell Allen

Out of those 4, I would only really consider the Pinarello or Cannondale. Giant and Trek just dont float my boat, they may be perfectly good bikes but I just cant get exited about them. A bike has to make you feel good when you are riding it. Choose the one thats going to get you exited about going out riding.

Russell

The ultegra equipped FP2 is available for £1800 from ribble which I would choose over the Veloce equipped one @£1400.00 and seems to be within your budget.

So Russell is all for 'character' and rarity, rather than efficient engineering (not that all of them aren't very good! The super 6 would be a bit to single minded for me though).
Ducati over Yamaha\Suzuki\Honda.
Alfa Romeo over Audi\Merc\BMW.

I can relate to that.
thumbsup.png

Giant or Trek for me though!
biggrin.gif

cameramanjim

Getting faster, very slowly
I´d look at http://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/ where you can probably get more for less. I´m very happy with my new Sportive Bianco. Great frame, and you can select your groupset with the dropdown menu.

Hi,

I've started yet another which bike thread.

After many weeks visiting shops online and on the high street, I've come up with a list of bikes I'm considering:

2010 Pinarello FP2 Carbon ~ £1400
2011 Giant TCR composite 2 ~ £1650
2011 Trek madone 3.1 ~£1600
2011 Cannondale super six 105 £1800

My heart says Giant or Pinarello, but my head says trek, and whatever is between them says cannondale. You can guess that I'm looking for either consensus among forum members and suggestions for alternative bikes based on what you've seen in that list so far.

Top Bottom