Yet more f@%*wittery

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PBancroft

Too close! Do you have one of those invisibility jackets Ben? You seem to be making a habit of this!

Origamist

Legendary Member
The second clip looked worse to me - a cretinously close pass and he was overtaking on a zebra crossing.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Remind me never to go cycling with you because
(a) I couldn't keep up
(:rofl: someone has clearly put a contract out on you.

Buggers both. I like the way you keep up with the SUV in the second clip. Remind me why there was a need to overtake?

Tynan

Veteran
meaningless overtakes too

my observation from them, not there etc etc, was that you might have been in a bit of no mans land between primary and secondary, so wide enough to make a pass close and not wide enough to close the door

from what I could see there, full primary and a bit more would have been fine, that lane didn't look wide enough for safe passing, parked cars on the inside too

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
LOL its going to get so some cyclists end up "tagging" the bad drivers with water balloons filled with red paint. Those were a pillock's overtake each.

the reluctant cyclist

Über Member
You need to start carrying eggs - chuck a few at the windscreens!

Seriously - what is it with you - are you such a fantastic person that they have to get really really close or something?

Absolutely outrageous! You are a better person than me (see above!) I would have lost my rag and banged on the window and used a few "choice words"!

skrx

downfader said:
LOL its going to get so some cyclists end up "tagging" the bad drivers with water balloons filled with red paint. Those were a pillock's overtake each.

Nice idea :rolleyes:

Every time I see an illegally parked car in my way I'm a step closer to carrying a marker pen to inform drivers. (A non-permanent one, as used for drawing on whiteboards, they clean off glass really easily.)

Nasty – and totally pointless overtakes – “must get past the cyclist at all cost” tossers,

must admit – and I know it’s wrong - but I’d be very tempted to give each of those driver’s (cars) a whack with the d-lock – just to alert them to my presence, if you know what I mean…

bryce

Bollo said:
Remind me never to go cycling with you because
(a) I couldn't keep up

Perhaps there in lies the problem? People are perhaps so desperate to 'overtake the cyclist' they underestimate BB's speed and make dangerous mistakes..

Origamist

Legendary Member
bryce said:
Perhaps there in lies the problem? People are perhaps so desperate to 'overtake the cyclist' they underestimate BB's speed and make dangerous mistakes..

This is true. If you are going at roughly the same speed as motorised traffic (not difficult in urban rush-hours with 30mph limits) it takes longer than a lot of drivers think to execute the overtake (if you're doing 23mph you're covering more than 10 meters a second) - hence why you can suffer from frequent cut-ins and occasional side-swipes.

They weren't close calls really though were they?

Just poor overtakes that generally seem to happen with the must get past at any cost brigade.

Top Bottom