Yodel

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pawl

Legendary Member
Not the Swiss type the courier company Has anybody had items delivered by this company.
They delivered a bike I had ordered to my address today.Courier rang the door bell but had driven off before I could open the door box containing the bike left propped up against the wall.Tracking note stated that delivery is to be signed for.
This is the second time I have experienced this companies delivery tecniques.Delivery of books thrown over next door neighbors hedge .I have e mailed a complaint to yodel but won't hold my breath.

MikeW-71

Veteran
Yodel are rubbish. As are Citylink.

Yes I have heard various nasty things about Yodel but personally they have always been ok when they have delivered to me. I think alot of it depends on the driver we seem to get the same guy everytime. Hermes on the other hand delivered to us today by forcing the porch window open and forcing a much larger parcel through it and then closing the window all while me & the other half where actually in. V strange.

MikeW-71

Veteran
Last time Yodel delivered to me (when they were the Homo Delivery Network) the driver knocked on the door and 10 seconds later was driving off up the street just as I got to the door. A conversation then ensued which resulted in the depot manager bringing me the parcel personally in his car when the driver got back from his round.

I never specify express delivery now, Royal Mail does a good job here.

stuee147

yep yodel are rubbish iv been unfortunate enough to have quite a few things delivered by them iv had them say they tried to deliver but couldn't find the house yet they have been here several times before i came back one day to find a note in the letter box saying parcel in the bin round back and it was stuck ontop of the rubish in the bin i wouldn't mind so much if it had been left by the bin where it would be dry and hidden but no it was in the bin lol

stuee

Jenkins

Legendary Member
I've not had a problem with Yodel...

...since I put in a formal complaint to them (and PBK) about one of their drivers leaving a large box containing a brand new set of wheels on my front doorstep in plain view one afternoon when I was on the late shift - despite it being clearly marked as requiring a signature.

Peteaud

Veteran
Yodel are utter fwits, and i also rank DX in the same league of incompetence.

Mrs Aud has quite a bit of stuff delivered for her work, so we are used to couriers and their buffoonery, but a few weeks ago Yodel managed a new level of utter fwittedness.

I am sitting on the sofa and hear a box being placed against the door, so i open the door and low and behold a long, thin box is leaning on it, so i take box in as its raining. 3 mins later door bell goes with driver asking where parcel is? And that i should not have taken it as it was before 9.00am !!!!!!!

I asked him if he was a bit simple but that didnt go down well. I did explain that, he had parked, stopped engine, gone into van, located parcel, placed it at front door, sat back in van, waited, got out of van, walked back to my door and now wanted a signature. The mind boggles.

maltloaf

Almost all yodel drivers are contractors in one form or another. They range from mum in her saloon car doing deliveries between school runs, through one man in a van self employed people to others who own and operate several vans and couriers.

Which courier type you get depends on how much you pay the sending company for the delivery.

Quite simply you get what you pay for. If a company offer free delivery and a rock bottom component price too they aren't going to pay £'s to get your parcel delivered. Many of the parcels the likes of pbk etc send out earn Yodel only a few pence each.

Yodel do all of the following bike related deliveries...

Probikekit
Planet X
Wheelies
Sis nutrition
Wiggle collect from local convenience store orders (collect+)

Yodel were formally DHL domestic but got sold. Yodel as it stands is a mixture of what was the DHL uk domestic parcels business and home delivery network.

Believe it or not, yodel are getting better. They have had a terrible start and have rightly been slaughtered for it but they have new approaches and new standards now when it comes to dealing with poor drivers and bad service. They pro actively monitor every delivery, including signature and gps coding to make sure a parcel was scanned at the delivery address and not elsewhere. All of these systems are automatic and cause a massive amount of back room work but the service is getting better as a result and the right first time performance figures where they rate how much gets dealt with correctly on the first attempt is running somewhere around 99% currently.

If you get a problem with a yodel delivery, do make yourself heard, but not to the driver. Call or visit the depot, ask to speak to the ops manager or service centre manager. They care and are judged directly by customer satisfaction. I read in one of the posts above that a manager delivered the parcel themselves in the evening. This is something that happens daily as they want the service to succeed.

Full disclosure, I'm a manager at yodel. I know the challenges we have had, I know that service has been terrible but I also see and feel the culture changes and know it's getting better.

That said, a bad reputation is hard to lose and rightly it will take a while for people to trust the yodel brand but I do believe it's moving in the right direction.

Happy to answer any questions about yodel procedures you might have.

I like Yodel but only because the girl that delivers to my area lives round the corner so leaves her number for me to call and rearrange, sometimes comes round when she is off duty so no complaints.

I was on holiday in spain and got a missed email alerting me of my parcel and she processed the paperwork saying she had delivered and kept it till I was home.

This is obviously not the norm but for me I cant complain

Peteaud

Veteran
Almost all yodel drivers are contractors in one form or another. They range from mum in her saloon car doing deliveries between school runs, through one man in a van self employed people to others who own and operate several vans and couriers.

Which courier type you get depends on how much you pay the sending company for the delivery.

Quite simply you get what you pay for. If a company offer free delivery and a rock bottom component price too they aren't going to pay £'s to get your parcel delivered. Many of the parcels the likes of pbk etc send out earn Yodel only a few pence each.

Yodel do all of the following bike related deliveries...

Probikekit
Planet X
Wheelies
Sis nutrition
Wiggle collect from local convenience store orders (collect+)

Yodel were formally DHL domestic but got sold. Yodel as it stands is a mixture of what was the DHL uk domestic parcels business and home delivery network.

Believe it or not, yodel are getting better. They have had a terrible start and have rightly been slaughtered for it but they have new approaches and new standards now when it comes to dealing with poor drivers and bad service. They pro actively monitor every delivery, including signature and gps coding to make sure a parcel was scanned at the delivery address and not elsewhere. All of these systems are automatic and cause a massive amount of back room work but the service is getting better as a result and the right first time performance figures where they rate how much gets dealt with correctly on the first attempt is running somewhere around 99% currently.

If you get a problem with a yodel delivery, do make yourself heard, but not to the driver. Call or visit the depot, ask to speak to the ops manager or service centre manager. They care and are judged directly by customer satisfaction. I read in one of the posts above that a manager delivered the parcel themselves in the evening. This is something that happens daily as they want the service to succeed.

Full disclosure, I'm a manager at yodel. I know the challenges we have had, I know that service has been terrible but I also see and feel the culture changes and know it's getting better.

That said, a bad reputation is hard to lose and rightly it will take a while for people to trust the yodel brand but I do believe it's moving in the right direction.

Happy to answer any questions about yodel procedures you might have.

You probably cant/wont answer this for company policy reasons, which is fair enough, but is it right that Yodel pay its neighbourhood delivery drivers 60p per parcel on signature?

maltloaf

You probably cant/wont answer this for company policy reasons, which is fair enough, but is it right that Yodel pay its neighbourhood delivery drivers 60p per parcel on signature?
Neighbourhood couriers in their own cars etc. are paid between 65p and £1 per parcel. Man in van are roughly double that. The sender decides which service they are happy to use

Top Bottom