York Festival Of Cycling, 15th &16th August

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

galaxy1

I'm thinking it's going to be nice maybe meeting some of the real life people from the cyclechat forum.

HelenD123

Guru
spandex said:

I thought Mickle may need a caffeine shot to keep him awake;).

HelenD123

Guru
galaxy1 said:
I'm thinking it's going to be nice maybe meeting some of the real life people from the cyclechat forum.

How will we recognise you? I wasn't planning on wearing my CC jersey but I guess I could.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Gerry Attrick said:
I may get to the event, but it depends on the vagaries of Mrs A's shifts. What is the best way to get to Rowntree Park from say Grimston Bar Park and Ride?

I'd say, come into York down the Hull Road (trafficy, but direct.) When you get to Walmgate Bar (city walls), go across to Walmgate (this means going through the actual old gateway, it's cycle only in that direction). Ride up Walmgate as far as St Denys Road, where you have to turn left, at the end of St Denys Road, turn left onto Picadilly and ride down to Fishergate. This where it's a nuisance, because you can't turn right as you need to. Personally, I'd get off and cross on foot (there's a crossing just to the left if you need it). Once on the other side, turn towards the river (so as if you turned right out of Picadilly), and ride over Skeldergate Bridge. Once over you can, I think, turn back down the slip road to the riverside path on Terry Avenue, and then a right turn takes you along to Rowntree park. If that's a no entry (I'm afraid it's not a turn I use, so I can't remember....), you could also ride on to the next left (Clementhorpe), which also takes you down to Terry Avenue.

I don't know if that makes sense - the confluence of rivers and one way streets makes it easier to ride than to explain!

Shaun

Founder
Anyone fancy writing the weekend up for the CC blog? (Pics too if you have them?)

Speicher

Vice Admiral
HelenD123 said:
I took my camera but forgot to take any pictures:blush:

:ohmy::wacko: :blush: :smile:;)

colly

Re member eR
Just like Cathryn I don't understand how I missed this until 21.54 tonight.:blush::sad:

Something spooky going on if you ask me.

This weekend we have family staying so the question is................how can I wangle tomorrow out on the bike all afternoon without putting myself in the doghouse until next year ??

Answers on a postcard...................

galaxy1

Today (saturday) was really nice actually. Met HelenD123 and Arch as well as spandex from tinterweb today as well as an awesome German guy who builds wheels . I'm going to try to get down again tomorrow.The fun never stops!

HelenD123

Guru
galaxy1 said:
Today (saturday) was really nice actually. Met HelenD123 and Arch as well as spandex from tinterweb today as well as an awesome German guy who buolds wheels and is similarly awesome. I'm going to try to get down again tomorrow.The fun never stops!

Wow, you must have been having a good time! Did you ever make it over to the pedal-powered Scalectrix or is that on today's agenda? It was good to meet you yesterday. I'm pretty exhausted after my windy 82 mile ride yesterday so won't be back for seconds.

I'm in the doghouse with Speicher for forgetting to take any photos so if anyone is taking their camera please help me out:smile:.

HelenD123

Guru
colly said:
Just like Cathryn I don't understand how I missed this until 21.54 tonight.:ohmy::sad:

Something spooky going on if you ask me.

This weekend we have family staying so the question is................how can I wangle tomorrow out on the bike all afternoon without putting myself in the doghouse until next year ??

Answers on a postcard...................

Get yourself over there with the family. There's plenty for everyone to do. Or there are plenty of other things for them to do in York.

Top Bottom