York Festival Of Cycling, 15th &16th August

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
Maybe a bike parts jumble sale where people can sell or trade some of the stuff hanging around in the shed that everyone seems to have.

galaxy1

Another great idea.Bike jumblesale,cyclechat stuff and somesort of chillout area where people can meet each other

HelenD123

Guru
phil_hg_uk said:
One thing that always puts me off going to some events on my bike, such as the York Bike Show, is that I dont like the idea of leaving my bike unattended. So maybe somewhere either just outside or inside the CC tent for a secure bike parking area. Just an idea.

I locked my bike up at the reception area and didn't have any worries about it as there were staff there all the time.

phil_hg_uk said:
Thats a good idea and maybe sell CC stuff (shirts, jackets whatever) and raise some money for the site and/or cover any costs for the day

One thing that always puts me off going to some events on my bike, such as the York Bike Show, is that I dont like the idea of leaving my bike unattended. So maybe somewhere either just outside or inside the CC tent for a secure bike parking area. Just an idea.

The thing with the York Festival of Cycling it is Free not just for people coming to the festival but all so to the shops/people that wish to have a stand there and I think that is the way it is going to stay. As for parking as Helen said there was parking at the info point where there was staff all day including me on and off and with over 30 of our bikes there UNLOCKED we was keeping a good eye out. I think it would of been hard to have a full secure parking area with around 7000+ people coming and going over the weekend.

Next year is going to be much better and I will pass on your thoughts.

Top Bottom