FNRttC York-Hull July 5

Do you want to take part in this ride?

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
mmmmartin

mmmmartin

Random geezer
Email has just gone out to those who have signed up for the ride. If you think you've signed up but not had the email, there is still time to go to the website and register.

Oh - and this video might be useful. (Assuming you had a deprived childhood, that is.)

OP
OP
mmmmartin

mmmmartin

Random geezer
Aaargh! forgot to say we'll be passing what is definitely (or definitely not) the only Ordnance Survey square in the Uk with nothing in it: SE 83463 22590
And I post this in the sure knowledge that @swansonj who is the expert in all this, will be along in a minute to put me right.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Aaargh! forgot to say we'll be passing what is definitely (or definitely not) the only Ordnance Survey square in the Uk with nothing in it: SE 83463 22590
And I post this in the sure knowledge that @swansonj who is the expert in all this, will be along in a minute to put me right.
Almost... It has a length of high voltage cable just across the SW corner! (1:50,000 scale; I can also see drainage on the 1:25,000 map.)

swansonj

Guru
D'you know what? I retired from National Grid earlier this year, so I no longer give a tinker's cuss whether the legs of the pylon in question lie within that grid square or not....

(but they do :angry:)

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
upload_2019-6-26_22-30-45.png

:unsure:

OP
OP
mmmmartin

mmmmartin

Random geezer
weather forecast currently looking perfect: dry with 2 per cent chance of rain, 10 degrees and a strong wind from the west.
all this for two quid a year.
I'm nipping out to the shed now to make my Pooh Stick for the game.

Last edited:
OP
OP
mmmmartin

mmmmartin

Random geezer
The result of my labours: in case someone forgets to bring their own weapon of choice.
(I'd like to point out that not every Fridays ride has the luxury of a game of Pooh Sticks. Oh no. Some do have ferries though.)
nc_oc=AQkWWhH-8XNVHzQRTZxpE-iziRut5UsO9B6mgz-ZrjJa3oAokjkdS2pEYhI_0YmnM0o&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr3-1.jpg

Top Bottom