FNRttC York-Hull July 5

Do you want to take part in this ride?

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mmmmartin

Random geezer
Email has gone to those who have been to the website and subscribed to emails. Ride now open for registration on the website.

Spoiler: slightly different and much flatter route avoiding that stonking great hill near the end, a special new bridge and possibly a game of Pooh Sticks (No, not off the Humber Bridge). But we still have the delightful labours of the Garthorpe Women's Institute in the village hall.

Train tickets available now.

Moodyman

Legendary Member
A much flatter route on an already flat ride? Count me in.

Slioch

Guru
Count me in please.
This will be my first ever FNRTTC ride :hyper:.

I'll be cycling back home again from Hull via York to bring the distance up to 200km, so if any fellow insomniacs want to join me the company will be most welcome.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Sadly unable to make this year, as an nice loud evening with Rammstein in Milton Keynes on Saturday night beckons. And yes, I still checked out the train options for Hull-MK…nothing even slightly sensible doing. Have fun everyone!

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Count me in please.
This will be my first ever FNRTTC ride :hyper:.

I'll be cycling back home again from Hull via York to bring the distance up to 200km, so if any fellow insomniacs want to join me the company will be most welcome.

I did similar last year, rode from home on the east coast to York & then did the ride, had to add a few extra miles on may way home from Hull to round it up to 150miles :smile: Apart from the massive thunder storm on my way to York it was a fantastic ride :okay:
Booked in for this years ride :okay: Was due to be working till midnight, but managed a shift swap, so I can get on last train to York in good time for midnight :smile: See you all there:okay:

kimble

Veteran
In. Having recycled rather a lot of neurons over the weekend (or at least replaced them with grit from UCLan's cycle circuit), I've no idea whether I already signed up or not, but "vote early, vote often" tactics are always prudent.

Domus

Guru
I think the reason people book more than once, or can't remember they have booked is that there is no confirmation email that the booking has been accepted.

I am no IT guru by any means, I'm a nuts and bolts man but I'm sure someone at Friday's HQ could implement such a scheme.

Last edited:

Nick Saddlesore

Über Member
When the entry form is completed, it generates a page to say that the entry is accepted and that we will be in touch soon.
There are usually only one ore two duplicates per ride, mainly from those who have just forgotten they've entered, regardless how well they know the system.

OP
OP
mmmmartin

mmmmartin

Random geezer
Also - altho - obvs The Fridays contains some v clever peeps who help us out on that issue - this is a Google thing. If Google doesn't want to send you an email, it won't. And there are better things to do, and spend your £2 annual sub on, than mucking about writing code and setting up new stuff. This is a problem and we just have to keep answering the same question. And it's better that peeps over-subscribe to a ride than don't come on it.

Top Bottom