York-Humber Bridge-York. A flat(-tish) imperial century, 3rd September, 2022

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I am trying to plan my forum rides for the rest of the year. Everything is a bit complicated with rail strikes, flexible-date family commitments etc.

I have pencilled in the 2022 edition of the Humber Bridge ride for Saturday, [13th August date changed because of clash with FNRttC!], 3rd September but that date might have to change.

Details to follow, but basically a rerun of the 2021 ride - see THIS THREAD. I will be doing it singlespeed, as usual.

If you are free on the 3rd and want to come along, post below.

Last edited:

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
In an unfortunate clash, the York-Hull FNRttC is scheduled for the previous night…

colly

Re member eR
What are you doing about transport Colin? Getting a train all the way to York? I know you had problems before.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Sadly I'll be in Scotland for the Tour Of The Borders sportive that weekend :sad: Always a great ride this though 👍

Buck

Guru
Sorry, Prostate Cancer Research event in Cheshire.

PCR is the charity of the Caterham and Lotus 7 Club, and I somehow got involved with the organisation of this event. :wacko:

Shame you can’t make it but a good cause and a nice link to the Caterham :okay:

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Shame you can't make it. I hope that the event goes well.

I saw three Caterham '7' lookalikes in convoy in Todmorden a few weeks ago. I looked up the club then. I was a Prisoner fan as a teenager and always fancied buying a Lotus 7 when I passed my test. The thing is - in the end I never bothered learning to drive! :laugh:

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

The rail unions have to give 2 weeks notice of strikes so I should know by August 20th if September 3rd is going to be ok. I will post details of the ride then, but basically it will be a repeat of last year's route. I will check the train times to see if they are the same as last year too.

Top Bottom