York-Humber Bridge-York. A flat(-tish) imperial century, 3rd September, 2022

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Ah OK, you should of course be focussing on your own training, we can always tag along another time. You must do what you need and not what we want - unless they tally.
I meant to add (but forgot) that if any of you ever fancy a tour of the hills around Todmorden/Hebden Bridge then let me know and we could organise something at fairly short notice when I am here and not busy, which is about 80% of the time. Maybe 80-100 km with a cafe stop?

I was discharged from hospital with pain killers but no treatment for the unknown problem! Basically I didn't have all the symptoms of likely causes (pain not high enough for an ulcer, I don't have an appendix, no blood markers etc). So far drugs are masking pain and the hope is whatever it is has gone by the time they're finished on Sunday :wacko:
Oh - that is a bit worrying!

Hopefully, it is something like kidney stones which might not be too serious. I have had them twice and they were incredibly painful for about 12 hours, but they took the emergency exit without needing surgery.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Blow it... I can't see me being in shape for 100 miles on the 10th given that I don't feel up to doing much at all today (the 1st) and probably won't ride at all for at least the next 4 or 5 days!

Let's do the Humber Bridge ride again next year but choose an earlier date.

So... Hopefully, a Cheshire metric century on the 10th, but that might get put back a week if I still feel rough or the weather is terrible on the 10th. If there isn't much interest then that ride would get cancelled too because it is a bit of a trek for me to get to and from Knutsford - I would like at least 2 other riders to join me to make it worth the effort.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Hopefully, a Cheshire metric century on the 10th, but that might get put back a week if I still feel rough or the weather is terrible on the 10th.

That would have to be the 10th or the 24th because there is another rail strike on the 17th.

I am still not feeling right so the 24th might be better for me, but I'll have to see... I had better nip over to that thread and update that!

Top Bottom