England : North Yorkshire york humber york 105 miles 25th june

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Thanks - that sounds pretty simple.
Its pretty difficult not to find the Minster in York, it does dominate the city!

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Its pretty difficult not to find the Minster in York, it does dominate the city!

Agreed, although I made a minor balls of it the first time I rode from the station.

So my offer to nip down and collect @ColinJ still stands, particularly as there probably won't be a lot of time.

Oldfentiger

Veteran
OK - I've now got the necessary day release papers from the management (bless her), so I'd like to put my hand up for this too.

@ColinJ ......
It's very easy for me to swing by Todmorden and pick you and your steed up, if you'd like a lift.

Edit:
Just noticed that @Pale Rider has also offered. However, I guess that it's more en-route for me?

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
OK - I've now got the necessary day release papers from the management (bless her), so I'd like to put my hand up for this too.

@ColinJ ......
It's very easy for me to swing by Todmorden and pick you and your steed up, if you'd like a lift.

Edit:
Just noticed that @Pale Rider has also offered. However, I guess that it's more en-route for me?
That's very nice of you - yes please! We can sort out the details nearer the time.

Pale Rider was offering to guide me from the railway station in York, not pick me up - it would have been a HUGE detour for him! :okay:

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
That's very nice of you - yes please! We can sort out the details nearer the time.

Pale Rider was offering to guide me from the railway station in York, not pick me up - it would have been a HUGE detour for him! :okay:

I was just about to post something similar.

@ColinJ puts a lot of effort into his forum rides, so I'm pleased he's getting assistance from one of us lot to get to this one.

ColinJ

@ColinJ puts a lot of effort into his forum rides, so I'm pleased he's getting assistance from one of us lot to get to this one.
Thanks - it is nice to feel appreciated!

Over the years I have had lifts from 5 or 6 different CycleChat members which have enabled me to get to rides which would have been very awkward to do otherwise. I won't mention names here because I would hate to miss someone off the list - anyway, you know who you are, and I am grateful! :okay:

Oldfentiger

Veteran

Ah - typical of me, just a quick read and got the wrong end of the stick :laugh:
It'll be good to have company on the drive there.
As you say, we can sort the details nearer the time.

ColinJ

Stick me down as a definite maybe.... I'll have to check with the boss.

(Mainly cos I know how well @ColinJ handles heights, and I want to see how far across the Humber bridge he gets before the screaming starts).
I was thinking that it would probably feel a bit exposed up on the bridge but I doubt that it would worry me. Walking along cliff-top paths, that kind of thing, that really DOES worry me!

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I was thinking that it would probably feel a bit exposed up on the bridge but I doubt that it would worry me. Walking along cliff-top paths, that kind of thing, that really DOES worry me!

Fear of crossing bridges is a recognised condition.

Some road bridge operators offer a driver to drive sufferers' vehicles over.

The service used to be available on the Q E Bridge at Dartford, but I read somewhere it was withdrawn, partly through lack of use.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gephyrophobia

ColinJ

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
Maybe @Steve H could be persuaded to join in.

He was scheduled to ride the Coast to Coast in a Day sportive on the 25th but I think he's deferred entry till next year. This might be an easier (and definitely flatter) alternative.

Top Bottom