York Rally

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
It all little kids riding round in circles ...

Erm ... that's the grasstrack racing. With decent prize money.

Depending upon son no. 2's race commitments we will be taking part in that bit :whistle:

OP
OP
currystomper
The thing that puts me off is the 200 mile schlep to York. It may be near the centre of the UK but the centre of population is near Hinckley, about 100 miles south! York is not convenient for many people.
Over 200 miles south of me, good job don't live in the North of Scotland!!

OP
OP
currystomper
... That's me booked into the campsite for the weekend. I see the beer tent is organised, just need to think for which rides I go on!

simongt

Guru
First one we went to some years back was very good. :okay: A subsequent one a few years later wasn't up to much. :sad:
But may well give it a go to see how it's improved ...or not. :whistle:
Interestingly on the first one, at the York YH, you couldn't move for bikes. On the second one, about ten bikes, if that. Hmm. :whistle:

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
I've never been although wanted to. Can you you just turn up and camp or do you have to book?

simongt

Guru
Can you you just turn up and camp or do you have to book?
According to the website, yes it's possible to just turn up, but you may not be able to be so choosy about where your pitch is. A 100 metre hike to the ablutions block at 03.00h. isn't much fun - ! :laugh:
Booking ahead is always best at any campsite. :okay:

gom

Über Member
According to the website, yes it's possible to just turn up, but you may not be able to be so choosy about where your pitch is. A 100 metre hike to the ablutions block at 03.00h. isn't much fun - ! :laugh:
Booking ahead is always best at any campsite. :okay:
I don't think you get much choice even when booking ahead, but they will arrange for all memebers of a club or group to be together if you give a group name.
In previous years there have been a reasonable number of portaloos to keep nighttime wanderings fairly short :smile:

Yakboy

Regular
Our Retrobike crew are going this year and displaying various Retro Mountain Bikes. The organisers are really trying to bring the show up to date and diversify the type of bikes and Riders so we'll see how it goes

Top Bottom