Yorkshire Day

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'll have to tell my mum about this: she is as yet unaware that she was born in Yorkshire on Yorkshire day, and is therefore doubly blessed.

tom73

Guru
Happy Yorkshire day to all my fellow country men.

Let’s not be having any of this south , north, west , east rubbish today is all about the real Yorkshire
upload_2019-8-1_9-46-28.jpeg

As today also sees the start of the ashes

It’s a good day to remember one of the greatest cricketers we have ever had. The 1st pro to captain England.

In England cricket 11 , the flesh maybe of the south, but bones are from the north , and the back bone is Yorkshire ...Sir Len Hutton

This is a photograph from 2015, but I'll be riding to work in this jersey today!!:okay:
(different bike too now, I still have that Ribble, but will be on my CGR)
Selfies. 3.JPG

I always thought it was the 12th August that got the tag of "Glorious".

I used to work in the "city" for an investment bank and on the 12th, the Front Office was much quieter with all the posh bankers going back to their estates for the start of the shooting season.

The shootists might consider that the 'glorious day', but to us it's the 1st of August

classic33

Leg End Member
This is a photograph from 2015, but I'll be riding to work in this jersey today!!:okay:
(different bike too now, I still have that Ribble, but will be on my CGR)
View attachment 478003
Think of "Blind Jack" as you ride in to work. And perchance if you look up, and see a plane passing overhead, remember George Cayley.

rugby bloke

Veteran
Lets not forget our exiled countymen, who now find they are in other counties through no fault of their own. I sold a frame to a bloke from Barnoldswick who still regards himself as a Yorkshireman.

View attachment 478023
Good point - I went to boarding school in Sedbergh and it still rankled that it was part of Cumbria. In terms of history and topology it was very much Yorkshire.

tom73

Guru
Lets not forget our exiled countymen, who now find they are in other counties through no fault of their own. I sold a frame to a bloke from Barnoldswick who still regards himself as a Yorkshireman.

View attachment 478023

Poor bloke you go to bed in Yorkshire and wake up next morning in Lancaster, talk about the stuff of nightmares :eek:.
At least the advance party aka the National park are slowly reclaiming bits. So won't be too hard to move the boundaries when they least expect it.

Top Bottom