Yorkshire Riders......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Montydog

:hello:....just thought I would ask.......

I am from the Leeds area in good old Yorkshire, been cycling since last August and have so far done 3 sportives, 2x30miles, 1x60miles,.......now am not the fastest of riders but do ok.(ish):laugh:....so was just wondering if any members are close to Leeds area and fancy meeting up for the odd weekend ride/training?:okay:......:bicycle:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Go West(er), young man! (Well, you are over a decade younger than me! :laugh)

I will be arranging some forum rides from Hebden Bridge and/or Todmorden later in the year. Less than an hour away from Leeds by car or train ... THIS KIND OF THING. You'd be welcome to join us.

In fact, I might do a ride from Todmorden next Sunday (17th). I'm just getting over a cold so I'll have to test my legs/lungs during the week and see if I feel up to it.

If you are interested, keep an eye on this sub-forum.

OP
OP
Montydog

Montydog

will do!!......cheers......happy to travel no worries.....even have room for 1 person in my van for anyone that needs a lift

Buck

Guru
:hello:....just thought I would ask.......

I am from the Leeds area in good old Yorkshire, been cycling since last August and have so far done 3 sportives, 2x30miles, 1x60miles,.......now am not the fastest of riders but do ok.(ish):laugh:....so was just wondering if any members are close to Leeds area and fancy meeting up for the odd weekend ride/training?:okay:......:bicycle:

As @ColinJ will testify, I'm not the fastest either but if you ever fancy a ride of this neck of the woods, give me a shout.

Colin's forum rides are great although the starting climbs are a bit of a pull ;). Even steeper than the ones around here!

MarkF

Guru
I am near Apperley Bridge and use the Aire Valley to Skipton for training rides.

I am only riding hybrids (with panniers) at the mo', am usually hungover, grumpy and monosylabic, love snubbing greetings from roadies and find it diffucult to pass pubs. Let me know.............

OP
OP
Montydog

Montydog

:laugh:....well lets get something sorted then chaps.....anyone got any ideas.....like i said am new to this cycling thingy:laugh::okay:

weekends are best for me either Saturdays or Sundays.....so lets see if we can sort something in next few weeks and go somewhere:bicycle:

OP
OP
Montydog

Montydog

sounds good to me:okay:....some others may be interested also....:bicycle:

Heisenberg71

When you're dead, you're dead
Sunday looking great weather-wise. A tad fresh but dry and sunny.
I am free all day, if anyone fancies it? :bicycle:

image.png

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Sunday looking great weather-wise. A tad fresh but dry and sunny.
I am free all day, if anyone fancies it? :bicycle:

View attachment 115816
I am still thinking of riding from Todmorden to Waddington (Ribble Valley) and back on Sunday. It's a bit of a trek from Wakefield but if you fancy it, you'd be welcome to join me, and maybe @Littgull if he is over his flu bug.

Heisenberg71

When you're dead, you're dead
I am thinking a Grassington - Buttertubs - Leyburn - Grassington loop.
It depends on the amount of snow hitting the dales today and tomorrow. However if the plan changes I will give you a shout.

Top Bottom